Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if AC issued any recall or service bulletin on the recoil assy's on the 02 800 ZR's for them loosening and grenading over time? If so, can you post a copy of it? Thanks.
-John

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Don't have a copy, but the dealers here in New England all know about it. I just dropped my 02zr8 off at Hudson Cycle Center. They said they are going to pull the recoil and add the updated larger nut and loctite. If there are any stress points or cracks on the recoil they will replace it with a new one. I called Livingstons in NH and they said they will call me in 6 to 8 weeks. Too long to wait, and the sled was bought there. The AC dealer in Laconia, said to drop it off anytime, but Hudson was closer for me. Good luck, ZR8Rider.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZR8Rider,

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I am curious about..... Wat part exactly gets a "larger" nut?? If it's #9(6mm nut) in the picture below, then the 'stud' that it threads on has to be bigger also! What is it that part# 9 threads on to?? Thanks.
-John

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I just dropped my 02 zr 800 efi le off to have the update done also. My sled only has 300 mi on it due to marginal snow conditions last year around nh, and the dealer was aware of the problem. I never got any notice from arctic cat, or the dealer which pisses me off. I heard about it on the forums , and made sure it would be taken care of . I shouldn't have said any thing and seen if they would have brought it up to me on there own behalf. I dont like the out of site out of mind attitude. It's
pre meditated on be half of the sneaky dealers and arctic cat. The valuable info from the forums is a great measure of protection from a lot of these dick head yesmen dealers that just want to get you out the door on a quick sale knowing that you may have a bad problem down the road.
Jim

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Jim,
Official AC policy is that when/if your original breaks the dealer will install the updated recoil. Not all will break. Seems some didn't get loctited properly when manufactured and when the nut comes loose the bolt where's through due to vibration. Even the updated recoil is suseptable to the same fate if the nut loosens. The new, thicker bolt just takes longer to wear through and break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts