Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If it is just moisture get the sled inside and blow warm air on the face of the speedo with a hair dryer for a couple minutes. Usually this is enough to dry it out.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine also fogs and then clears! I think between the cold air, moisture and heat from the engine and bulb are what cause this. During warmer rides I don't have a fog issue.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guy, but I see that I should've explained my situation a bit better.

You see this fogginess has been there since last season, that's why I'm worried that it might be etched into the glass (plastic) or something.

Last season we were out for a ride and my little brother was on my ZR800. While we were out there was this light fluffy snow was really coming down. We stopped for about 10 minutes and when we went to head out again my brother just wiped way the fresh powder that was obscuring the speedo.

The problem was that everywhere he wiped on it, ice & fog seemed to form on the inside of the speedo face. Obviously the ice left but the fogginess, or what looks like fog, has remained. Over the summer I even sat my 800 outside with the speedo facing the sun and still it didn't clear it up. Perhaps it is a residue left after the ice melted away.

So is there a way to get to the inside face of the speedo so I can clean it? Of is it impossible to do without breaking it?

·
Premium Member
20,503 Posts
It sounds damaged, not just wet from moisture. I do not think they can be taken apart. I have seen lots of low mile used ones sell here for $50 or so. watch ebay. you need '01 or newer (maybe even '00) as the older ones had different color letters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts