Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 02 ZR800 and I think they are suposed to rev to 7400-7500rpm ((it used to))....This sled wont pull any higher than 7200 now....He has new springs and the clutches have been clened and inspected and the power valves were also cleaned and inspected...the sled also has a bog out of the hole untill he hits 20mph then it pulls okay but the revs are still to low........PS has new belt also

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Did you take the valve cables off the servo and pull them..that way, to see how the valves open??? Also I would just put in a yellow/white spring..will help out all around anyway.

Belt too loose, also try a new belt??

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
I've got the same problem except mine, at times, will pull the top end RPM. Rode 850 miles last week with another identical sled with the same problem. Both are 02 800 carbs.
I also know of a third guy with an 02 EFI doing the same blasted thing. Driving me nuts.

Rick.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Make sure your belt deflection is right and drop in a yellow/white primary spring...made a huge difference. Moved my rpm from 71-72 to 7500 rpm with no other changes. The stock purple spring seems to sack out and a new fresh yellow seems to wake her up....

·
Registered
397 Posts
I had the same problem with 02 zr800 cc carb. Ran it stock for one weekend then put on bm twins rpms were @ 8100 then halfway through the season rpms droped to 7850-7900 checked cabels and valves stiil same thing. Then sled got worse and started to act as if carbs were to rich after having ran crisp fpr 800 miles thought mabey ice or dirt in carbs nope not it. It got so bad sled would only go about 25mph then it would take right off again detting really pissed now, tried my buds coil out of his 01 zr 800, sled pulled right up to 8200 rpms the sled has never pulled that hard or that rpm before. I think the col was bad from day one. Hope this helps!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts