Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to notice yesterday a small puddle(quarter size) leak under the left side of my 02 ZR800 so I grabben a white paper towel(makes for easier identification of what is being wiped up) and much to my surprise it was blue oil(APV). I proceeded to open the hood to try to identify where it was coming from and much to my surprise, the was a lot of new/unburned APV oil in the bellypan(center section of the bulkhead, directly under the throttle bodies).

Had anyone else experience this and have any clues on where I should begin to look for this leak... oil pump leaking, injection hose rubbed thru??? Thanks.
-John

ps This is not excess oil that comes from the APV vent/drain hose on the right side of the sled on to the ground..... that is black in color and a normal characteristic on these sleds.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I found the leak.... I believe it is the oil cap that is seeping the oil out of the center hole(vent) and slowly leaking down the cap, to the bottom(outside) of the oil tank and folling the oil line down to the lowest area and then dripping off into the bellypan. I cleaned everything up on the ZR and after it sat for a few days, I had drips on the floor again. After close inspection, I noticed that the oil cap has oil on the outside of the cap(in the small creveses). I swapped the oil cap off of my F7 and put it on the ZR800 and put the ZR's cap on the F7. Now I will just have to wait and see if I end up with a oil leak on the F7 and if the ZR stays clean & dry.... :wacko:
-John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts