Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my friend has a 2002 cce zr500 with reverse. Were are putting a new bulkhead in it. The only thing left to take off is the chaincase and the track. Well we dont know how to do this. I know we got to take the cover off the chaincase, but then how do we remove the axle? Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
hah Just did this last weekend..

Take very good notes or draw a diagram..
1. Remove the skid.

2. Remove the chaincase cover, loosen the chain tensioner, and remove the gears and sprockets. The bottom gear is bolted to your drive shaft.

3. Under the front, opposite side of your chaincase, of the tunnel, you will need to remove 3 bolts that go around the shaft. You will then be able to slide the shaft out of the chaincase and back to remove the track.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Make sure you use red loctite and torque to specs. Don't want anything grenading in there. If you don't have a manual, it would be the best $$ spent on the project.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You will want to make sure you snap some pics of how everything goes together or something if this is your 1st attempt at it.

Here is a blowup of the chaincase assembly.

Make sure you pay attention to any spacers that you remove and make sure they are put back where you got them from.

Taking pics with a dig cam works wonders if you have never done a job like this before.

Good luck! If you run into any trouble PM me or something. I can go into more detail step by step if needed.

[attachment=105245:attachment]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks guys youve been a big help. We got the entire sled ripped apart now. Now we got to rivet the new bulkhead on and reassemble the hole thing. Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts