Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm goin to look at an 02' ZR 800 CC this weekend and i'm just wondering if there are some things to look out for or check. Its got 3800 miles which seems kinda high but if its in good shape i dont see that being a reason to not buy it. And hes asking $3400. What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Make sure it has the recall updates down. One was the recoil assembly needed to be rplaced. another was the lower coolant hose rubbing on the bulk head. On these sleds the hoses all seem to rub. Some had problems with the hand warmer wires breaking. The front dial adjust shocks more often than not , do not work. the AC front bottom shock bushing is junk. Make sure the shock end cap is not egged out from a bad bushing. The bearings are poor quality on AC. If the compression is up, and in good shape, go for it. I love my 02 zr 8 cc.

·
Registered
861 Posts
mine was around 140 a hole stock. also check out the rails at the front shock mount, this tends to egg out at about that many miles. The sell a rebuild kit at ACfor like $50

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought an 02 ZR8EFI in spring of this year with 900 miles on it.. I called Cat and both of these "service bulletins" were not done on mine.. They did confirm that they are only good for 1 year from date of announcement or purchase?? Don't know.. Anyways.. I am way past that.. So any detailed info on what to look for myself would be appreciated..

-R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts