Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02' zr 600 Cross Country EFI with 700 miles on original plugs. Sled started to backfire and bog, but it would also surge the rpms too when I was braking. Stopped and changed plugs (plugs had black residue on but the tips were brown. Started fine and rode another 100+ miles before it started doing the same. Again, changed plugs which looked clean and tan and was good to go again. When I got to the hotel sled was idling at 4K when I stopped and gradually backed off to normal when I stopped about 10+ seconds later... Any ideas? I really appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was about 20 degree and colder during the day. My sled was like a tundra underneath due to the 500 miles of snowdust that I injested under the hood. I couldn't even access my tools because they were frozen in three inches of ice and snow.... My EFI mechs were also incased in ice... Sounds like it may be water / condensation.... Also, some one mentioned the throttle saftey switch? That may cause the backfire too.... Any other thoughts? I really appreciate you help!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
try warming it up then taking it out after ALL the ics and snow is gone and it is dired out and see what it does, if its still doing it then start diging deeper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts