Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just bought a 2002 ZL600 EFI SS. I was wondering how they are and if there are any issues I need to address. It has 2200 miles on it and looks to be in excellent cond. Is there problems with the power valves in this year? Are they the same design as my 03 ZR 9 ? Any feedback would be helpfull.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
the shocks may need to be rebuilt but otherwise should be a trouble free sled

·
Registered
65 Posts
5500 on my 600ss. Rebuilt the shocks at 3500. Just rebuilt the clutch. Last ride of the year I came out of a corner wrong and hooked a ski...hit a cedar tree at 50mph. ouch!!! The insurance company had it repaired at a price of $3500. So it looks like they don't drop in value as much others. BTW...a year and a half prior to the crash I purchased it for $3500. :div20:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great sled.....except for the rear shocks. Do a search on ss suspension or smartride.....lots of discussion in the past.

Clean the valves, rebuild or replace the shocks, and it will be a fantastic trail sled.

Oh, and if your over 180 lbs and ride hard, youre gonna need new springs.....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input guys !! I now that the electronic shocks are an issue but can they be used as a regular shock by disabling the pack??Are the valves in this machine the ones with the pin that wears out ? :beerchug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts