Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site but not to sleds. :banana:
I have read in various spots and some here to gear down my `02 XC700SP as its geared too tall from the factory. Was thinking of the 24/41 gearing with the factory chain. If i do this what else would have to be done to the clutches. Move the hole in the secondary (looser?) to make it shift out quicker? Everything else in the clutches is stock right now.

The sled has an SLP can on it (sounds nice), SLP air box kit, a boost bottle & 144 studs. Stock needles raised one clip & 480 jets running at 2000' elev. I run mostly trails with blasts across lakes.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
put needle clip back to #3, take boost bottle off

·
Registered
823 Posts
Mine actually has the 24/42 gears and a team perfomance secondary with a......uhh......well, i can't actually remember the color of the spring! :doh: I can check when I go home.

I haven't actually tried it out yet as I just bought it last month! The previous owner said it really helped it rocket out of the corners! I think he jetted it a little leaner as well.

When I picked it up, he said that he had it up to 105 across a lake, and still had throttle left, so i don't think those changes took away too much top end!!

edit: oh yeah, and welcome to the site!!!!!! :schild27:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

So seems many do not like the Boost Bottles, thought this was to clean up the idle and midrange and throttle response? What are the negatives with this? If i take it off now do i just plug the boots with ____ and go?

Love this sled and its suspension plus its pretty dang quick to. Just want to stay ahead like last year but buddies are upgrading. Going against two Apex GT's and looks like now a 600HO Fusion, think that will be competition. The rest are not to fear.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
boost bottles were good on the Keihn carbed big block Poo's, do nothing for the Mikuni carbed motors, plug the holes

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Put the needles back to stock clip, and if 500 mains were stock, go down one more to 470. Put 10-64 weights in, with an almond/blue primary spring, keep the stock silver/blue, in hole #2, and put a HSP36X helix in. You want 8-8100 rpm on top.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why when i go to the HotSeatPerformance website they dont seem to list the HSP36X Helix. I go to the Hypershift Helixes and see listings for 34X and 38X, only a 36S (48/36). Is this correct or should i be looking for a 50 start angle and 36 finish angle. They do list a HSP 50/36x-50/36.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Weird question, but how much do you weigh at fully dressed? Also how long are your studs and what type of pattern are you using?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i run 50/36 SLP helix stock spring 10-64 almond blue . geared down to 23/39. I think the SLP helix pulls almost to much in the lowend. Anyone know the difference between the slp 50/36 progressive and the HSP36x that seems very popular?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I like the Hot Seat 38X with 66 gram Polaris weights, Lots of Long studs and 165-310 primary spring. Tourque stops and engine holders from Western Power Sports are a must. As mentioned previously alignment and off set, deflection all can make or break a set up. Key word pay attention to detail and the basics. I am not at all disappointed with my 7. Have passed up new sleds two winters in a row to keep this one. Good luck!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts