Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone tell me if this sled would have the same problems as the firecats?

Right now my tach works on both analog and lcd... but my speedo doesnt work on either! I checked the wires and they seem secure.

What are other things to check for, whats this coil flipping I am hearing about?

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
lbz351,
NO it is not the same problem. The problem with the 02 sno pro is in the driveshaft right under the secondary clutch. Take the speedo adapter / pickup off and look at the end of the driveshaft. There is a little magnet in there. Cat put one in there that is too big and it doesn't pick up the signal. The magnet in there is about the size of a penny and the one you get will be half the size. You don't need the new speedo. You need to get in touch with cat to get a new one. I got a whole new speedo and magnet for free. [email protected]. (race dept) is who i talked to. He is pretty busy right now during race season and you may need to talk to someone else. PM me with any other questions. There are some other problems that you HAVE to look at before you trail ride it. 2 major things are to make sure your jackshaft isn't rubbing on the oil tank and make sure you have the STOCK cdi on 0 on the timing adjuster. The cdi will say STOCK right on it in white marker if it is stock. Alwo put the wheels in the skid if it was raced. Good luck. Awesome sled.
Cat S.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the info... I'll take that apart and check it out tomorrow night.

As for the CDI do you mean the small white dab on the black plastic cover? I see a dab and it corresponds to the "0" position of the timing knob... or should it say "stock" inside on the CDI under that cover?

yeah I think my oil tank is rubbing, I see some spots on the shaft where the plastic of the tank rubbed away the paint. From what I can tell I think its a bit of excess plastic from the mold thats rubbing but ill check it out.

Hmm what else, anything you can think of? I have no problems dealing with these issues, I'm used to them I have a 2000 and a 2001 sno pro and even though they are high maintenance I love them for trail riding.

Mine is brand new, 2002. It was never used by the racer who broke his wrist so I'm lucky.. it was mint!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Take the cdi out. The big black box. It should be hand written "stock" in big letters somewhere on the box. If it doesn't say anything it is stock. Some racers sent them in for the sno-x update so some are written on. As far as the timing, make sure the dial is in the middle. Maybe on +1 for short bursts. I am sure you know this. As far as the jackshaft. Make sure that the oil tank tab is behind the coolant tank tab where it is mounted to the gas tank. If it is and is tight and still rubbing you will have to cheat your whole gas tank back a bit. I haven't done this yet. Mine BARELY clears. Was rubbing when I got it. Can't think of anything else off hand for now. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for the sled????
Cat S.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
You wouldn't happen to know what way is positive and negative do you. Like counterclockwise and clockwise? Just wondering in case I get some bad gas. If I put 91 octane in i'd probly put it on -1.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
teamgreen,
i wouldn't worry about it if you run 91 instead of 92, but if you want to turn the dial clockwise is + and counterclockwise is -.
Cat S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts