Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
2002 ZRT 600 what is the best performance perk ... sled is bone stock with 5000 miles on it ... it goes ok but seems lazy.

thanks[/b]
what is your clutch take off at and also i found running 93 octane helped with my sled

·
Registered
63 Posts
How often do you clean your APV valves? I would suggest cleaning those, should see a big improvement.

Your clutch should take off at around 4300ish. Thats about where my 01 engages.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Clutching ... ANY clutching is usually the starting point for improving performance and feel. You can go to any of the many aftermarket companies for a kit, or you can go right to a Cat dealer for factory pieces that will be an improvement over what you've got, ie: a heavier spring and a little more weight for the primary (bring up engagement RPM's and the rate of your acceleration) and/or a stiffer spring for the secondary ... help with quicker backshifting, for a snappier feel. Also, is the carb jetting still factory stock? You know you can always go at LEAST 1 to 2 sizes smaller SAFELY from stock.

Lots of options dude :beer_cheers:. We used to have a ZRT600, and it was a nice, quick sled. With the right setup in it, it can easily pull on a lot of the bigger triples in a ~quarter-mile race :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clutching ... ANY clutching is usually the starting point for improving performance and feel. You can go to any of the many aftermarket companies for a kit, or you can go right to a Cat dealer for factory pieces that will be an improvement over what you've got, ie: a heavier spring and a little more weight for the primary (bring up engagement RPM's and the rate of your acceleration) and/or a stiffer spring for the secondary ... help with quicker backshifting, for a snappier feel. Also, is the carb jetting still factory stock? You know you can always go at LEAST 1 to 2 sizes smaller SAFELY from stock.

Lots of options dude :beer_cheers:. We used to have a ZRT600, and it was a nice, quick sled. With the right setup in it, it can easily pull on a lot of the bigger triples in a ~quarter-mile race :thumbsup:.[/b]

i have my sled setup at 5500 rpm and that made a big difference when i first got it it was right around 4500 since i upped it is crtazy how fast you take off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts