Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,


I'm new to the sled world but i'm a long time dirt bike rider.

I am looking for a very strong running midrange sled that pulls right to 85 -90 mph and be very quick out of the hole or accelerate out corners real hard. O the sled will have 96 studs down the middle.

I am about 145 pds fully geared I mainly trail ride aggressive. Any help would be appreciated.

Big thanks to every one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok.

I have presently a 10-60 weight with an almond/red Primary spring
and a R12 helix with the stock spring on it.

what are you thinking about that and give me some idea with explanation if possible.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
I run 10-62 and EPI Blue in primary. Secondary stock and it is a rocket. You could also go 10-62 with almond blue or almond red. It seems some 600's can pull 62's and some just 60'2 this maybe also that I am jetted right all the time with tempa flow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any help will be appreciated, i have searched over the internet but for that type with this engine size and with my little weight of 145 pound he have absolutely nothing.

thanks again

:banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
jb, I think you mean EPI red in primary? Can't find EPI blue in their website.

seth, your light weight will aid in pulling the 62's. Your goal is to get
the rpms at 8050 on a calibrated tach.

Many gear down a tooth to 23/40 as well (one tooth larger on the bottom) This gets rid of the chaincase whine as well. If you have reverse though this would be a real pain to change/more costly.

Search this site from last season... lots of talk on this, but most of it comes to the same conclusion, as seen here already.
 

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
Joined
·
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by seth911@Sep 17 2005, 02:44 PM
Ok.

I have presently a 10-60 weight with an almond/red Primary spring
and a R12 helix with the stock spring on it.

what are you thinking about that and give me some idea with explanation if possible.

thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879199
[/quote]

First have your tach calibrated or you are just wasting time. Use the primary setup you have and change to a R8 helix with the silver blue. The R8 is a 50-34. The R12 is a 50-36. You'll get better topend with the50-34. If you are reving Over 8,000 run the 10-62's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,794 Posts
Whats needed is a sled just exactly like the 05 600XCSP 50th model...or a similar setup.....1.25'' shockwave track using 96 1.325 studs down the center belt...and that shock package this sled comes stock with is perfect for aggressive riders....A buddy of ours that works on my 05 600 50th was a very sucessfull dirt rider, and still amazes us what he can do on a sled....This guy rode my sled last year more than I did on a Quebec trip..... The new XC600 sleds are setup so close clutch wise... I think all that was added was heavier weights and changing the lower gear in the chaincase to a 40 tooth.... Going 0-100... this sled is unbelievable.
 

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
Joined
·
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by Too Slow@Sep 23 2005, 04:49 PM
Whats needed is a sled just exactly like the 05 600XCSP 50th model...or a similar setup.....1.25'' shockwave track using 96 1.325 studs down the center belt...and that shock package this sled comes stock with is perfect for aggressive riders....A buddy of ours  that works on my 05 600 50th was a very sucessfull dirt rider, and  still amazes us what he can do on a sled....This guy rode my sled last year more than I did on a Quebec trip..... The new XC600 sleds are setup so close clutch wise... I think all that was added was heavier weights and changing the lower gear in the chaincase to a 40 tooth.... Going 0-100... this sled is unbelievable.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889040
[/quote]

along with the gearing you mentioned, change the clutching to what is mentioned in this post and that 50th sled will be even better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,794 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Sep 23 2005, 09:19 PM
along with the gearing you mentioned, change the clutching to what is mentioned in this post and that 50th sled will be even better
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889467
[/quote]
I'm not sure what difference in clutching in this post is different than what I already have but it was originally setup using one of those higher engagement springs....no good for me...I don't like my sled slamming in reverse or forward like that...so I had the stock spring that came in the clutch put back in...it runs just fine.
 

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
Joined
·
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by Too Slow@Sep 24 2005, 09:57 AM
I'm not sure what difference in clutching in this post is different than what I already have but it was originally setup using one of those higher engagement springs....no good for me...I don't like my sled slamming in reverse or forward like that...so I had the stock spring that came in the clutch put back in...it runs just fine.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889925
[/quote]

sorry I forgot you have a team, i posted button clutc helix's. I'd still run 10-62's, and a 58-44.46 er helix
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,391 Posts
I had the best luck last year with 10-60's EPI yellow in the primary, R-12 with stock spring in the secondary. My stock gearing was 24/41, I changed to 23/40. This combo seemed to work the best for me. I ran 10-62's with EPI red and it just didn't seem to have the guts like the 10-60's did. I think this year I am going to play with the 10-62's more and find the right combo to use them. Everyone says the sled will pull those weights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,794 Posts
I checked my sled...it has 10-60 weights in the clutch.... the driven clutch is all stock. I talked to my buddy who preped the sled....he claimed while test running it, the sled wouldn't pull 10-62 weights with that stock driven helix.... says for once Polaris got the clutching mostly correct.
 

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
Joined
·
25,367 Posts
my old 01 XC 6 had 10-60's, almond/blue, R-12, and stock silver/blue
in the secondary. stock gearing with 96 1.375 studs down the middle
of a 1.25" poo sno-pro track. in all the years i owned that sled, this final
set-up was the best it ever ran. had the tach calibrated too. that is a must.
with my big 300lb ass on it, it would swing to 8000rpms and hold it there
all the way until i let of it. great set-up :div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
I PM'd a few guys last year who said they could pull 62's, and the general
response was that the sled was around 78 to 7900 rpm. My experience
has been the same. I will only see 8000 with 62's if the conditions are right
(cold, hard pack) So, I would say, yes the 6 will pull 62's, but only if
all things are right. I had 62's in most of the year though as to
me it still felt like a stronger upshift then 60's. The 60's let the motor
free wheel much more. This year I am going with a set of 61's (shaved
62s) to split the difference.

Many factors( warm, fat jetting, higher elevation, dirty clutches, heavy snow, etc) can cause the sled to underrev with 62s. Depends what you want I guess, and
how picky you are.

Originally posted by Poo boy@Sep 25 2005, 12:43 AM
I think this year I am going to play with the 10-62's more and find the right combo to use them.  Everyone says the sled will pull those weights.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891016
[/quote]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Get the 10-62 M weight instead of the stock 62's
It will easily pull the correct rpm with the new weight with the EPI Yellow which is the same rate as the polaris almond red 165/310 or the almond blue will have a lower engagement (150) but the finish rate is still 310
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top