·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 800xc vs. 2005 f7efi both stock both studded who would win :dunno:

·
Registered
924 Posts
To be truthfull most of the Polaris guys are gona say XC 800. All the Artic Cat guys are gona say F7. You'll just have to run them both an find out every sleds diffrent hard to compare but if both are stock an i mean no clutching/jetting then it looks good for you.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
its any ones game up to about 70 mph if the Polaris is jetted down and well set up with clutching....... If your talking BOX stock the poor guy on the Poo every time will eat snow dust every time ! For very little money a XC-8 can be set up to run with a F7 but they are hard to beat on the top end.

·
Registered
17,158 Posts
I'm with xc-mark,
my 02 xc had trouble outrunning the 600's with the stock clutching.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Like every one says stock to stock no jetting or clutching, the F7 has the upper hand mainly because there EFI works so well on the temperature compensation. I've seen clutched 02 800 xc's beat clutched F7's early in the morning when the temperature was still cold out with good air, then by noon time the air temp goes up 10 or 15 degrees and the F7 will start beating the 800 xc becuase of the EFI meters fuel so well. so its a toss up, however the F7 will be more consistant throught the day.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Originally posted by GSI11j@Oct 19 2005, 08:48 AM
Like every one says stock to stock no jetting or clutching, the F7 has the upper hand mainly because there EFI works so well on the temperature compensation. I've seen clutched 02 800 xc's beat clutched F7's early in the morning when the temperature was still cold out with good air, then by noon time the air temp goes up 10 or 15 degrees and the F7 will start beating the 800 xc becuase of the EFI meters fuel so well. so its a toss up, however the F7 will be more consistant throught the day.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940018
[/quote]

Exactly why I run a tempa flow........... correct jetting every day when the air is good , there still are days when its off a little but nothing like fixed jetting!

·
Registered
342 Posts
....correct me if im wrong, but....maybe if our engines were race prepped and ported from the factory............apples for apples??

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Getting off subject, both sleds stock and picked. No clutch work or jetting ect.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
F7 hands down...

Now, if you said an XC 700 vs. XC 800.... that would be a run!

Also, someone please explain Tempaflows? How do they work?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts