Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE 02 800 EFI..WHEN FROM DEAD STOP YOU PUNCH IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING FOR SPLIT SECOND.EVEN AFTER WARMED UP GOOD. IT ACTS LIKE LEAN BOGG. BUT CAN'T IMAGINE THAT,I HAVE SPEEDWERX FAT DADDY SINGLE PIPE ON IT ,THEY SAY TO UNPLUG ETHONAL SWITCH TO RICHEN FOR PIPE ,AND HELL IT IS 50 DEGREES WHILE TESTING TODAY. IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH PIPE BECAUSE IT HAD THIS SAME PROB. WITH STOCK PIPE AND ETHANOL SWITCH PLUGGED IN. ANYBODY HAD THIS PROB. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT. THANKS.********I CAN'T GET NO CATISFACTION********

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RIP, WHERE'S IT LOCATED? I'LL TRY IT, THANKS------------- SLEDHEAD, CLUTCHES ARE PERFECT. I CHECK EM AFTER EVERY RUN. RUNNING 500 FT. RUNS ON YHE CLOCKS SINCE THERES NO SNOW OR ICE. WELL I WAS TIL YESTERDAY WHEN I GOTTA GOOD HOOK IN THE CLAY AND COGGED DR.SHAFT TWISTED IN HALF RIGHT BEHIND THE BOTTOM GEAR........THAT SUCKS......... SO I'M DOWN TIL I GET THE TITANIUM ONE. ALOT OF TIMES TAKES OFF GOOD, BUT ALOT TIMES SHE DON,T,HAS THAT HESITATION, SEEMS TO DO IT LESS WHEN IT IS REAL HOT, HOTTER THAN IT SHOULD NEED TO BE. THANKS FOR THE INPUT. **********THE CATS IN THE CRADLE*************

·
Registered
663 Posts
As a matter of fact yes, I have a speedwerx pipe on my 02 ZR 800, and It would bog bad with 91, so I put 87 in and it ran ok. But it didnt run that well with the lightweight canister, so I had the stock pipe put back on. Now I put the speedwerx pipe on with my stock can, havent had any snow to ride yet. Should know at the end of january when I go to wisconsin riding. I am going to bring both sets of pipes with and compare to my buddies F7. :drunk:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IT IS NOT CAUSED BY PIPE OR GAS,IT DID SAME THING WITH STOCK PIPE AND CAN AND 87 OCTANE GAS. IT HAS TO BE EITHER LEAN BOGG(WHICH MAKES NO SENSE IT BEING 50 DEGREES AND ETHONAL WIRE UNPLUGGED IT SHOULD BE PLENTY RICH) OR ELECTRICAL. I,M LEANING TOWARD ELECTRICAL.FIGURED SOMEONE ELSE HAD HAD THIS PROBLEM AND MABEY UNPLUGGED THIS OR THAT AND CURED PROBLEM. A COUPLE YEARS BACK I HAD SIMILAR PROBLEM ON 2000 ZRT 800 ,DROVE ME CRAZY FOR WEEKS ,CHECKED EVERY THING ON THAT SLED AT LEAST 6 TIMES THOGHT IT COULD BE LEAN BOGG-SET CARBS UP RICH PUT BIGGER PILOTS AND MAINS ---THAT WASN'T IT. TRACED EVERY WIRE CHECKED EVERY THING .COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT(ME AND 10 OTHER HEADS).......ONE DAY UNPLUGGED KILL SWITCH IT NEVER HESITATED AGAIN. UMPTEEN HRS. SPENT ON A 30 SEC. FIX(THAT SUCKS)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
"YESTERDAY WHEN I GOTTA GOOD HOOK IN THE CLAY AND COGGED DR.SHAFT TWISTED IN HALF RIGHT BEHIND THE BOTTOM GEAR........THAT SUCKS......... SO I'M DOWN TIL I GET THE TITANIUM ONE."

The price of titanium has gone thru the roof! $700-$800 for a shaft is too much for me! Call Gary at Micro-Belmont in Grand Rapids and get one made of "Microloy". Not near as light as ti but alot stronger than the stock mild steel. I paid $170 for a jackshaft last September. Called him Monday afternoon and had it Wednesday. They don't have a website but their # is (616)534-9681.

·
Registered
93 Posts
do you have v force reeds in it ?
i have an 02 800 EFI w/ v force 2 reeds in it and have had no problems w/ a speedwerx pipe & stock can ...
BUT I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF PEOPLE SAYING THAT THE V-FORCE 3 REEDS CREATE A LOT OF GURGLE IN THE BOTTOM END ON TRAILS AND SOME HESITATION OFF THE LINE...
MY 883 BB KIT IS RUNNING AN S.L.P. SINGLE W/ THEIR EXHAUST CAN AND STILL HAS NO PROBLEMS w/ v force 2 reeds (maybe i'm just lucky ?)
i've been told by some dealers that e.f.i. sleds don't like v force reeds and you are better off with stock reeds...
but of course i don't listen !!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just to make sure I understand, you hit it at a stop and it bogs then runs normal? Does it do it periodically while riding and then get better when u nail it? If so check the throttle lever. I believe it is called a throttle postion sensor. If it gets worn out this will happen. I replaced two in my 2000 600 and one on my 02 800.

PS. Also had the take off bog (not as bad as yours) on the 800 after V3 reeds. After warm up it was not a problem.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just to make sure I understand, you hit it at a stop and it bogs then runs normal? Does it do it periodically while riding and then get better when u nail it? If so check the throttle lever. I believe it is called a throttle postion sensor. If it gets worn out this will happen. I replaced two in my 2000 600 and one on my 02 800.

PS. Also had the take off bog (not as bad as yours) on the 800 after V3 reeds. After warm up it was not a problem.[/b]

Sounds clearly like that's the culprit. It's happened to me a couple times and I pulled my hair out finding the problem.

bg

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YEA, DID IT WITH STOCK REEDS TOO. IT IS NOT REAL BAD. IF YOU MAKE RUN(500-600ft) GET IT GOOD AND HOT COME STRAIGHT BACK TO STARTING LINE AND GO, NO HESITATION. SAY I PARK IT FOR 2 MINUTES IN BETWEEN RUNS ,AND PULL UP TO LINE HOLD IT AT 3500RPMS(AS I DO EVERYTIME) AND PUNCH IT, 5 OUY OF 10 TIMES IT WILL HAVE HESITATION. I CAN HAVE IT ON A STAND AT START. LINE TOTALLY CLEANED OUT, GOOD AND HOT, TAKE STAND OUT, TAKE IT TO 3500, PUNCH IT AND HAVE HESITATION...... I'M THINKING ELECTRICAL MABEY.. BUT CANT CHECK IT FOR ANOTHER COUPLE DAYS,WAITING ON NEW DR. AXLE. SO I'M GATHERING INFO FOR WHEN I'M READY. THANKS

·
Registered
691 Posts
Are you positive it's not in the throttle itself? When you get it running just let it idle and start wiggling the throttle up and down while pressing it ever so slightly.
Not sure if it's your problem because when it happened to me I called it a bog, not a hesitation. To me a hesitation is a small cough. Good luck.......

bg

·
Registered
23 Posts

PS. Also had the take off bog (not as bad as yours) on the 800 after V3 reeds. After warm up it was not a problem.[/b]
It took about 3 weeks to figure mine out. We went through the whole sled and it came down to the throttle position sensor. I had a bog @ 3500 rpm every time, went like hell off the line but when I slowed down and hammered it at 3500 big bog to almost a kill then take off. We hooked it up to the computer as a final try and the throttle position sensor was way off. Runs great now..

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
CAMPER, DID YOU JUST ADJUST IT(AND IF SO WICH WAY WHICH WAY IS LEANER OR RICHER LEFT OR RIGHT OR CLOCKWISE OR COUNTER CLOCKWISE) OR GET NEW ONE? *THANKS*[/b]
We both worked on this sled and what fun it was. I took the TPS off to test it and that was a mistake. The only true way to adjust or check it is with the Cat Computer analyzer they have at the dealer. Luckily a friend of mine works for a dealer and he came over and reset everything. When we got done doing all this Camper's sled ran great. I was convinced it was the clutch but alas, I was wrong.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
YEA BUS, I MESSED WITH ONE ON 2000 ZRT 800. I THINK I DID NOT TAKE IT OFF. I MARKED ITS LOCATION W/RAZOR BLADE ON PLASTIC AND ALUMINUM--THEN MOVED IT EVER SO SLIGHTLEY EACH WAY TO CHECK PROBLEM(ONLY MOVING IT THE WIDTH OF RAZOR MARK EACH TIME.) BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER IF THAT FIXED IT OR NOT. HAS ANYBODY ELSE ADJUSTED THEM THIS WAY? DID IT WORK? *******THANKS******

1 - 19 of 19 Posts