Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
A Shock/Spring related service bulletin has been promised by AC to a local dealer for close to two months now but to date nothing has been confirmed. Most owners will have already spent there $'s to remedy their problems. AC isn't making any friends by holding out. This bulletin should have been issued at last seasons end. :angry: Perhaps the cost of the F7 failures have blown the warranty dept. budget.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by MUSKOKA800@Dec 31 2002, 09:06 AM
A Shock/Spring related service bulletin has been promised by AC to a local dealer for close to two months now but to date nothing has been confirmed.
MUSKOKA800,

If & when you see this bulletin, would you please post it on this site?? Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the runaround treatment when I took mine to the dealer...service manager told me thats just how they are..was told later by another guy who works in the shop that they have played with the suspensions on the( CC additions).. rebuilt the shocks adjusted spring and reasssembled with no change...also I was at swapmeet and everyone there had a limp suspension.. Im am very dissapointed

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a new front skid shock assy. the remote one and they are doing ALL 2002 800 CROSS COUNTRY 's

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by FIRECAT_F9@Jan 1 2003, 04:35 PM
its a new front skid shock assy. the remote one and they are doing ALL 2002 800 CROSS COUNTRY 's
FIRECAT_F9,

Do you have access to be able to post a copy of it on this message forum? Thanks.
-John

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm confused with all the listed comments on this shock suspension thing....can anyone explain what is exactly going on with the 2002 CC 800....is it the front shock or the carriage suspension??? I had a ripped front shock hose on mine last year...Cat fix it at no cost...any info would be helpful...tune me in...thanks

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
the CCE front skid shock update is for the EFI sleds only. The 500 and 800 carb versions are not included. Sounds like it's a manfacturing issue with the lots of shocks installed during the EFI sleds production runs.
Or they just hate us carb guys??? :angry:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I called my dealer to get the shock recall taking care of..service guy said sure bring it in...they called me said updates are done come pick it up..I asked(U did the shock) ?he said no parts are on backorder but we took care of other updates..but i need to pick it up and bring it back when parts come in WTF!!! thanx NIELSEN INTERPRISES in Lake Villa IL

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by ssZR800EFICC@Jan 7 2003, 10:34 PM
he said no parts are on backorder but we took care of other updates..but i need to pick it up and bring it back when parts come in
ssZR800EFICC,
What other updates are thier on the 02 ZR800's??
-John

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow+Jan 8 2003, 06:11 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ssZR800EFICC
@Jan 7 2003, 10:34 PM
he said no parts are on backorder but we took care of other updates..but i need to pick it up and bring it back when parts come in
ssZR800EFICC,
What other updates are thier on the 02 ZR800's??
-John[/b]
there is a coolant line update...and a recoil starter update...when U bring in your sled they run the ID number on it and do the updates as is needed ..F250 posted donsspeedparts.com..the bulletins are listed there...good luck John...I just picked mine up..it is ALL done...ready to ride..there is snow in U.P now woo-hoo 1-12-03

1 - 14 of 14 Posts