Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a '01 XCR 800 with reverse last fall. it had 8000 miles. I put a little over 3,000 miles without any problems. Now with over 11,000 miles i feel it would be prudent to have the engine rebuilt and why not throw in a 180 hp kit. I'm seriously pondering sending the complete engine over to Hot To Go racing and have them rebuild the motor along with buying the 180 kit. How many of you guys have done this? How is the reliablility. I'm probably gonna run a little VP race fuel on colder nights in it since i have so much of it lying around(i'm a dealer)Any comments or suggestions is appreciated. I wanna get the ball rolling. My dream is a Mint XCR800 with 180 hp and a 136" track. But for now just the engine.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
HTG is good but Doug Flannery seems to have a better reputation for
getting the XCR to Walk a better Walk!!

HTG 180 kit is more like 170ish at best..

HTG kit works awesome for the trails, mine has been together for 3000 miles no issues at all I am jetted 450's I run the Supertorquer 2 spped clutch kit with a dalton helix..

I rebuilt the waterpump at 4000 miles to make sure it did not end up on the trail side or being towed back to the trailer.. Geterdone the waterpump that is

Send me an email I'll send ya some suspension setup for better transfer

oh yeah pick up a 1.25 136 if ya gona long track it

Talk with Doug 1st

Doug Flannery 269-792-0070

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
i would call up( engin tech and talk to art seaver) (sp) i have a buddy that ice drags 01 xcr 800 moter bulit by art with htg pipes and my buddy has a dyno
and this moter 50/50 mix is pushin out 187hp but there is alot of engin buliders out there that bulid awsome moters call up a few and ask

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
at that milage i would put on new crank bearings. these motors are solid. in racing i have only scored it down once. with the aftermarket pipes on the trail it is a blast. at 50 mph you either cut a rut or pull on your arms.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have an 00 800xcr. My water pump went out at 3400 miles. The rebuild was pretty easy. I bought mine sled strickly for racing. Grass and ice. Its lowered with 1996 xcr shocks in the front and chesel track. With HTG pipes, spark advance, gearing and clutching, the sled rips. I am going to have Doug Flannery do my cylinders as soon as my daughter gets out of college($$$$). Have Flannery do your cylinders with HTG pipes with Hot Seat heads. You should have an ohnest mid 180hp. He definately can make those tripples run.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by larrypolaris@Sep 16 2005, 07:31 PM
I have an 00 800xcr.  My water pump went out at 3400 miles.  The rebuild was pretty easy.  I bought mine sled strickly for racing.  Grass and ice. Its lowered with 1996 xcr shocks in the front and chesel track.  With HTG pipes, spark advance, gearing and clutching, the sled rips.  I am going to have Doug Flannery do my cylinders as soon as my daughter gets out of college($$$$).  Have Flannery do your cylinders with HTG pipes with Hot Seat heads.  You should have an ohnest mid 180hp.  He definately can make those tripples run.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=878348
[/quote]
i have 97 600 bored 800 wide porting v force reeds stage 2 heads 155 comprision hot 21 39 gear 55 gram fly weights pro stock body gona get crankshoppipes tommarrow for grass drags just gion to try set up and see how it works had ultra 750 bore slp pipes v force reeds stage 2 heads trail race no pro fuel needit wood fly sold sled miss it

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Not to mock anyone- Doug makes real HP. No doubt about it. Triples and BIG triples are his trademark. There was one like your dreamsled running around here last winter. It was a 2002 XCR with the Flannery big kit and a 144 in track hanging out the tunnel. It made a lasting impression.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
i ported my own '00 800 XCR, Boyesen reeds, HTG pipes, Dynoport silencer, Dial-a-dome heads and airbox mods. also installed Erlandson quad-cam clutch and Trackmaster secondary. the clutching really makes the 2.25" x 121" finger track hook hard. the M-10 made it tall and tippy, can't really lower it since i like hitting big bumps fast. it's a gret trail whale in a straight line.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
<<<the M-10 made it tall and tippy, can't really lower it since i like hitting big bumps fast>>>

Went down the M-10 road too. Eventually grew tired of the bottom end traction issues, and top end mph loss. Converted to Edge suspension with 136" TracksUsa extensions, 1.25" track and a good rear shock. That did the trick. Still doesn't like to spend time in the air due to the heavy front end, but bumps are no longer an issue. Rides great, still does a decent job in the twisties. Great performance trail cruiser!

·
Registered
6,951 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I read that dynotech research article last winter...thats where i got the idea. I decided to put my sled on eBay and see what happens. I found a decent 03 XCR 800 i would maybe pick up, or the $$ might just go to a big Turbo for my stang. Or maybe i'll sell that too. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts