Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you fellow sledheads. Nice site you have here. I'm riding a REV, but my buddy is looking at an 01 XC 500 and he asked my opinion at which I don't have a lot to tell him. I think they came w/ FOX shocks and I know it's the Liberty engine, not the Fuji, but other than that I'm not much help. Does that have M-10 suspension? He can get it new in the box for $4000.00. What do you think? Any info appreciated.
Nut

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where do they still have that sled new in the box? I have an 03 xcsp and I like it. I think it has a little bit of a push in the ski's. Tried adjusting it and can't get it to go away,but other than that I like the sled. I think the ride is good. I think it's worth the money.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by thosey@Sep 20 2005, 11:33 PM
Where do they still have that sled new in the box? I have an 03 xcsp and I like it. I think it has a little bit of a push in the ski's. Tried adjusting it and can't get it to go away,but other than that I like the sled. I think the ride is good. I think it's worth the money.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=884818
[/quote]
sounds like you need more agressive skis.

·
Registered
43,799 Posts
Being an 01 edge...I think it had some isxsues with the airbox/oil injection tank...they shared the same assembly which led to some nasty leaks. The carbs needed some tuning...those sleds ate a lot of fuel being setup on the rich side. I think clutching was off some also...so its possible to gain performance there. Other then that they were good sleds....The edge skid is standard in these sleds with a Fox PPS in the rear and Fox everywhere else. I think the track was something like an .825'' lug. Skis are standard plastic Polaris skis which perform ok for average conditions for average riders. Once you stud the track you need at least 6'' of carbide up front to balance everything out .

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
I had a 01 xc 500 sp, had fox shocks all the way around, the front spring are too soft. Clutching was pretty close, airbox shroud popped out of place on the carbs, fixed it with a wood screw to secure it other than that no othe problems with the airbox. Track was .91, if its a sp with power valves it will run good and hard. Jetting is close, i had to jet up to 410's. All in all, very good sled, swap out the front ski shock springs, watch the jetting and have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts