Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got talking with this guy today about trading one of my sleds for his 01 Summit 700 with 4800 miles. He says it needs a DPM module and the track is missing about 40% of its lugs. My questions to you experts is what is a fair value on that sled? If you could keep in mind that I am in Maine where there is little powder and even less elevation that would be great. What I am trying to say is the lug wear is probably accelerated by the majority of trail riding the sled has done, and if there is a way to bypass the dpm I will. I am more experienced on Polarises, so straighten me out if there is no way to bypass the DPM, I have not looked into it at all. Any help you mountain sled gurus can give me would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Blue Book Retail is - $3455.00 That is clean with no issues. I have this sled, and ride in the Jackman Area. I have some cracking on the track, but no lugs missing. Also about 4800 miles on the sled. Try to keep off the trails when they are hard packed or icy. As for the DPM, I'm not sure if you would want to bypass the DPM.

I have not had any issues with this sled, runs great, just have to replace the recoil starter for the first time. It does have a narrow ski stance, so it is a bit top heavy in the corners.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know it's Alaska, but I picked up an 00' Summit 700 with 1451 miles on it for $3K on Friday. Great condition all around, but people on Snowest said I was paying too much :rolleyes: They said in the lower 48 there were lots of cheaper sleds out there.
Low book was $3100, high book was $4xxx.

You could probably find a used track for around $200. Maybe get one with shorter lugs.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
last year I sold my 01 Summit 700 144 for $3750... 1500 miles, mint condition

1 - 4 of 4 Posts