Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you guys tell me a little about the 01 pro x 600 i know it has ride fx shocks and clear gas tank taler bars . but my buddy told me all it was in 01 was a sticker package ? i thought it ws a pro x chassise with wide boards and not just a normal edge chassise ? just let me know what you know about them .

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Your buddy is way off. The O1 ProX6 is a totally different chassis/sled from an 01 Edge 6. Different IFS geometry for a shorter wheelbase, wider running boards, running board supports, higher shock towers, bulkhead brace, clear tank, Wilwood brake, different controls and console, shorter seat, different rear skid, different airbox, different chaincase, heavy duty radius rods, Ryde FX all the way around with clickers on all 4, that's all I can think of right now. :)

This was the consumer sled that started the rage. I bought one brand new and my only complaint was horrible shock valving. Once I had the shocks revalved it was a great sled.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, your bud is wrong. The '01 ProX600 is the only consumer 600 that is a real race sled. It is identical to the 440 except for the throttle block, a 1 inch lug track and some extra yellow paint. They as others have said are tough as nails, but when you push them they take anything you can give it. They aren't listed as sleds in most places but they do exsist.

Your bud is thinking of the edge X which was just an edge with a sticker package. Completely different sled.

I have one, the proX, $3200 takes it

·
Registered
19 Posts
can you guys tell me a little about the 01 pro x 600 i know it has ride fx shocks and clear gas tank taler bars . but my buddy told me all it was in 01 was a sticker package ? i thought it ws a pro x chassise with wide boards and not just a normal edge chassise ? just let me know what you know about them .
Yeah I have owned an 01 prox 600 since new, and I love it. I did have the shocks revalved for my weight, and I put a team clutch kit in it,( look under ultimate prox 600 clutch set up) in the forums. I have 4700 miles on it and I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon. They are also a very rare sled. They didn't release them untill mid season. I heard there was only around 300 of them made. so if you can get your hands on one, I would do it.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn you guys are making me feel bad parting mine out! :([/b]
:banghead: iam in south east mich too wish you would have told me about it .

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
:banghead: iam in south east mich too wish you would have told me about it .[/b]
Were you interested in the whole sled or just parts? I still have some parts left. The main reason I parted it out was it was no longer a 600. It had a 02 ProX 440 motor in it.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were you interested in the whole sled or just parts? I still have some parts left. The main reason I parted it out was it was no longer a 600. It had a 02 ProX 440 motor in it.[/b]
i want a whole sled bro thanks .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.