Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 700 xcsp.It has a boost bottle,boysen reeds,slp can,slp air intake,96 studs.Primary clutch has almond/blue,10-64,secondary has silver/blue 2nd hole and an R-11 helix.Thinking of changing the helix to a HSP 36X.Will this make a difference?It also has 24/41 gears.I am at 0 elevation.Not sure of the jetting.What is stock for this sled and what is safe to use for jet?Any other things that you guys would change?I think I'm pretty close,Thanks for the info last winter.I did most of these changes last year,put 30 miles on and seized the crank.Back together now.Just trying to fine tune while I'm patiently waiting for snow.Any info is greatly appreciated.Thanks... :beer:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
well if your rpms were good with the old set-up they wont be with the new helix.it is far more agressive,may need a alm pri spring,less weight,orange sec spring,??
Mains should be around 2 sizes down from stock

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Big difference with that helix. If your sled is the regular production non ves engine 700, then go down 2 sizes to 440's. If it is the ves 700, then go to 470 mains.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Xc Special and pockets.So,is this a wise choice for the helix?Also,I am going to get a new primary clutch because the inner sheeve is cracked.I believe I have to change the whole thing because these clutches are balanced as a unit.Is this true?And when I do should I get a new poo clutch or something aftermarket?I'm going to change the reeds too because the petals are chipped on the edges.Boysen or v-force?Thinking about a tempa flow,good idea?Is this hard to install?Flowrites what do these do?Is this a good idea?Sorry for all the questions but just trying to get a handle on things.thanks guys.. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
yes,you have replace the whole clutch,for a good useded ,or new take off,find a p-85 polaris clutch
the 36x is a very popular choice,
your reeds are chipped, are they white or black,,black,you might have carbon techs in there already,
im trying boyseen this year,,had no luck with carbon tech.chipping,V-force to $$$$$$
tempa flow,a great investment,easy to install,
flowrites,probably not if your not doing anything else,
i run a pipe and a gutted box,

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey,took the reeds out,they are boyseen,marked on the cage.Petals are black,kind of a carbon fibre look to them.So I should look for a different type of petal.Correct.Also checked the main jets and they are 520N.I believe the other jet is a low speed.145 marked on it.Leave this one alone,but is this stock for the main and should I jet down to 470.Is this safe?should I gut the air box?If I jet down what position should I set the circlip on the needle at.Thanks guys... :beerchug: p.s. If I was to install flowrites what else should be changed to run these?

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Check on your stock specs, drop the mains 2 sizes, 3 if you gut the airbox. Leave the needle alone. So 520N down to 490 or 500.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks pockets.This should do the trick.I am looking at a 1996 680 ultra.What are these sleds like?Has pipes and it is showroom condition.192 studs nice sled $2500 asking price cdn,probably get for $2200.Good deal?Thanks again.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a guy tell me that he is running a progressive 46-42-34 helix in one of these sleds.Is there such thing and how do you guys think this would work?I seen his sled go last year and this thing rocks.Maybe he is blowing smoke..also should I run the 50/36 or the 36x which is progressive right? :dunno: Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
The 36X, look no further. It is not full progressive. The 46-42-34, is 46 at the start, then goes to 42, then progressively changes to 34 at the end.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help pockets.I'll try to find someone who can order one for me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This sled has a 1" lug kimpex traction track on it that is brand new.Not really what I would have picked but it will do for now.The pattern looks like it is drilled backwards from what I normally see(V going opposite way).Would it hurt anything if I was to turn the track the other way?Also,what length stud is safe to run on this sled?This track is pre-drilled.Thanks again,AZZKIKR.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is what I thought too.So, the arrow now will be running in the opposite direction of which the track is rotating... will it hurt to run the track this way? maybe they made a mistake when they drilled the holes.Just a thought.Does anybody make a lightweight driver for this sled and I need to buy a primary clutch with electric start.Where would be a good spot to find one?Thanks for the help..AZZKIKR :beer:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts