Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY BUDDY HAS A 00 ZL 700,WE WERE RIDING TOGETHER,ALONG WITH A POO 800 EDGE X & 600 EDGE X,MINE IS AN F-7..THE ZL700 USED AT LEAST 1/3 MORE FUEL..IS IT THE NATURE OF THE BEAST OR WHAT?? :blink:

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
Yup it sure is especially in stock form. A good clutch kit (Goodwyn, D&D etc.), jetting down and gutting the air box will improve mileage and performance.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
it gets 7 miles to the gallon. It uses twice the gas of an f7. Its funny. same size engine... twice the gas... less horse power.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by zr sled head@Dec 20 2002, 08:23 PM
Yup it sure is especially in stock form. A good clutch kit (Goodwyn, D&D etc.), jetting down and gutting the air box will improve mileage and performance.
THANKS FOR THE INFO,ILL SEE IF I CAN GET HIM TO TUNE IT OR TRADE UP.. :lol: I GUESS ILL HAVE TO LET HIM TRY MY F-7..

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Well , I have a 99 ZR700 and YEP!!! It likes the Go juice. You might want to check your jetting. Mine was HUGE fat from the factory!

Even piped with a breather I have yet to go up to the Stock Jet size!!!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The mod's ZR Sled Head mentioned are definitely in order. They will bring the sleds power to life and perhaps net him 9 to 10 mpg. When I rode my '99 ZR7 (modded as above) it still regularly used 30% more fuel than my riding bud's SX700. Like most, his SX drank oil though so...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
check out ZR JOE's post on ZR700's in this section. Jetting down to 320's or 310''s (depending on elevation) and lowering the needle a half a position.(special washers from Mikuni) will help alot. a good clutch kit makes a difference also. I bought the B/M kit and i like it alot. Slight mods to the stock airbox and your in business. I was getting 10.5 mpg before I twin piped it. Haven't checked milege since. Just a huge lack of that powdery stuff......tigger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts