Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont really like the big seat on 00 xcr 800. Would like to retrofit something similar as to whats on my 00 xc700sp. Does anyone know if the there are coolers/hoses/whatnot running along the top of the tunnel or anything else that would prevent this swap? Ultimatly I would like to install a seat like this with the correct tank.

·
Registered
435 Posts
[attachment=280951:DSC00711.JPG]
[attachment=280950:DSC00954.JPG]

I did it to my 1999 xc700 GenII, Here is the seat that was on it and what is on it now. I looked for a tank that had the part that runs under the seat. It holds a couple more gallons of fuel. Nothing was in the way. I just had to drill two small holes in the the back of the tunnel to hold the seat down. You will need the seat, tank and cowl. Not a hard swap for mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wanted to do this to my XCR as well but if you look at the gas tank it is formed around the oil tank, any other gas tank I have found was not formed this way, It can be done if you either run pre mixed and remove the oil tank or find something else to use as a oil tank and mount it elsewhere.......If anyone else has found a better way please let me know!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.