Hardcore Sledder banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XC 850 SwitchBack 146
1,910 Posts
I put a $500 deposit down on a '23 XCR back in March in the form of a check. He has yet to cash it, I called him a few weeks back to make sure all is well. He said it's in the deal jacket & no worries. That would lead me to believe that if I wanted to bail I could & still keep my $500.
Who knows though?

·
Registered
882 Posts
I put a $500 deposit down on a '23 XCR back in March in the form of a check. He has yet to cash it, I called him a few weeks back to make sure all is well. He said it's in the deal jacket & no worries. That would lead me to believe that if I wanted to bail I could & still keep my $500.
Who knows though?
I hope you have the option whenever delivery time comes?? But between now and then who knows what the situation may be with sales dropping off or not, he may or may not refund? It’s a gamble. I remember back in 94 I ordered a ZR 700 from a great long time dealer our club would on the average buy 15-25 new sleds from each year. It was not good times for many and he offered refunds on deposits for anyone that wanted to back out. Different times ?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
How does that typically work with the deposit?
Like others have said, up to the dealer. Id imagine most will keep it. If you have a great relationship with a certain dealer and have bought several toys, accessories, etc.. they will probably give it back. They typically wont have any issues selling the sled and even make more than the $500 back.

Last year I backed out of the 22 xcr being I sold my sled (dumbass) and wasn't going to miss riding. They had a 21' xcr in a crate so I snagged it in December (good thing because the 22' showed up march). Anyway, they put the $500 towards the 21' sled. I still got a good deal and 4 year warranty. So there's a few ways dealers can help out if willing.

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,640 Posts
Like others have said, up to the dealer. Id imagine most will keep it. If you have a great relationship with a certain dealer and have bought several toys, accessories, etc.. they will probably give it back. They typically wont have any issues selling the sled and even make more than the $500 back.
A buddy put money down on a sled in November, knowing it wasn't going to show up until late in the season (Already had a good sled) and when it finally arrived mid-April, they told him they would give him his money back if he wanted, but the mark up on 2023's was probably going to be around a grand more for the same sled. So he took it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
If they didn't cash the check they're leaving some options open after seeing the delivery challenges from last year. They probably still have your sled on order knowing it will sell.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
2,078 Posts
My dealer is great and I have a good relationship with them but I wouldn’t expect my deposit back nor would I ask….just how I roll.🤷🏻👍🏼
My Polaris dealer doesn’t even make me give him a deposit when snowchecking, the deposit is added into the sale price. It may have something to do with ordering 20 + sleds with him the past 10 years. This year I have two sleds ordered through him if one or more doesn’t show up in a reasonable time I’ll walk away and he will sell them off his floor and nobody has to worry about a deposit.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
My Polaris dealer doesn’t even make me give him a deposit when snowchecking, the deposit is added into the sale price. It may have something to do with ordering 20 + sleds with him the past 10 years. This year I have two sleds ordered through him if one or more doesn’t show up in a reasonable time I’ll walk away and he will sell them off his floor and nobody has to worry about a deposit.
Good for you…you want a pat on the head or something? 🤷🏻

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Now we all know that's what you implied, but that's ok, one of us has a chip on their shoulder and the other is 30 minutes from being on his boat with great friends. Enjoy the weekend :)
[/QUOTE
I wasn’t implying anything nor do I have a chip on my shoulder…never had an issue with you in the past so not sure why you’re being a dick.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts