Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
The power sport manufacturers are getting ready for the shit show that’s going to hit them. Disposable income for toys is evaporating quickly. Cat will be gone, and Yami, even tho has deep pockets, will throw the towel in on sleds. Can’t see more fossil fuels being pumped out of the ground for a couple more years, by that time it may be too late for a lot of businesses. Positive note, maybe I will get the chip for my truck’s heated seats sooner?
,,and so will Polaris if it keeps selling off divisions at $600 million losses.

·
Registered
112 Posts
just hope the better halfs 850 vr-1 shows up before xmas/new years. sold the 19 850 late last year. I have been reminded of this every time we are in the shop and im tinkering on my 22 xcr.

·
Registered
2022 XCR 850
1,686 Posts
With inflation high and interest rates climbing some are going to have issues financing their new purchases. I'm betting this year that more late deliveries will be cancelled by buyers not wanting or being able to carry the higher financing costs. This might help in getting prices down going forward. I'm waiting on a 2022 Sea Doo that I ordered last August and have heard zilch. Was initially told mid May. So the nonsense caries on

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
It going to be a REAL interesting winter in the snowmobiling industry.
How will clubs and their budgets handle grooming efforts when the price of diesel has nearly TRIPLED since the onset of last winter? If states/clubs start selling trail passes at double the cost, the hardcore riders will still purchase them, but we only make up a minority of trail passes. Its the families that are putting 4 snowmobiles on the snow each winter that will be priced out of passes due to the expense. Less passes sold, triple the fuel prices, and the grooming is going to suffer tremendously. I can handle the trail chop with the way I like to ride, but the end result is the quality of trails may be changing a lot if fuel continues to spiral out of control like this.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,059 Posts
If I take the family out for a day and have to fill my 5 machines with say 10 gallons of fuel each at $7 a gallon I'm looking at $350 just to head out of the cabin for one day. Add food and drinks, oil, etc and a two day trip will be over $1k easy. Not sure how many of those I can afford.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
If I take the family out for a day and have to fill my 5 machines with say 10 gallons of fuel each at $7 a gallon I'm looking at $350 just to head out of the cabin for one day. Add food and drinks, oil, etc and a two day trip will be over $1k easy. Not sure how many of those I can afford.
Yup, takes alot of the fun right out of it even if you can swing it.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I did 632 miles in two days in Maine this March and the weekend cost me $900.
That just me on my sled (no family members) and splitting a room and the drive up and home with a friend.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,059 Posts
I did 632 miles in two days in Maine this March and the weekend cost me $900.
That just me on my sled (no family members) and splitting a room and the drive up and home with a friend.
I hear ya! I didn't factor in the drive up and home or lodging!

·
Premium Member
19,586 Posts
Polaris limited production by a huge margin. If its not better then they better look in the mirror instead of blaming others.
Apparently you haven't paid attention to the latest supply chain problems. There are MAJOR deficiencies in the trucking side of things. Diesel Fuel, DEF, Truck repair parts, personnel to work on them, etc, etc. Couple that with new rumors of more rigged pandemics, added illnesses from side effects of so called "Vaccines", planned riots and civil unrest, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
nah dont sweat it guys. just get out and ride and enjoy the sport. dont let the outside world effect the only world you can control (your own). strap the helmet on start the sled and go. if your worried about not getting a sled in time than grab a beater as a back up. the market is flooded with sleds right now. positive mental attitudes!

·
Registered
9 Posts
nah dont sweat it guys. just get out and ride and enjoy the sport. dont let the outside world effect the only world you can control (your own). strap the helmet on start the sled and go. if your worried about not getting a sled in time than grab a beater as a back up. the market is flooded with sleds right now. positive mental attitudes!
Adapt and get overcome !!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Anyone who thinks next season will be better than 2022 is dreaming IMO.
I don’t think anyone suspected it was going to be better. I also don’t think anyone suspected hearing about delays as early as June with the limited allotment and paying $3000 more for the same sleds a year ago. Gonna be a lot of back outs this year!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Amen brother. All the crap in the world disappears once on the trails and in the woods.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don’t think anyone suspected it was going to be better. I also don’t think anyone suspected hearing about delays as early as June with the limited allotment and paying $3000 more for the same sleds a year ago. Gonna be a lot of back outs this year!
How does that typically work with the deposit?

·
Registered
2022 XCR 850 136"
1,361 Posts
You will lose your deposit unless there so late Polaris gives you the option to back out and get your deposit back like they offered us for MY 2022. I almost bailed a few times and I'm so glad I didn't, got it mid Feb and it was a blast for 1600 miles, worth the frustration.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Just curious if dealers have much discretion on refunding deposits or not?
I was told, when I was deciding to cancel mine, that it’s all the dealers decision and that Polaris doesn’t see that $500 deposit. In fact my dealer said that they didn’t even know about the emails Polaris was sending that stated the option to cancel and getting a refund on that deposit.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Most years dealers will keep the deposit. The last two years, with inventory so low and prices so high, dealers made a lot more money off people backing out. So they were happy to give the deposit back.

Some years sleds will get a good discount in the spring; I've seen up to $4k off in the spring. In this case there's no point of taking a late delivery. Lose the $500 but save $3,500. I think we'll see a lot of spring discounts this upcoming season.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts