Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy Matryx 850 VR1 137
201 Posts
Nice! I was one last winter to be lucky and get my 22 850 VR1 on Dec 15th... rode it 2k miles. Wife ended up ordering an 850 Renegade X this year, got freaked out by all the little issues I had with my machine last season..

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,908 Posts
Nice! I was one last winter to be lucky and get my 22 850 VR1 on Dec 15th... rode it 2k miles. Wife ended up ordering an 850 Renegade X this year, got freaked out by all the little issues I had with my machine last season..
Hopefully Doo got all their little 2022 issues squared away too??

·
Vendor
11,201 Posts
doo's still in crates down the street from me. still waiting on d.e.s.s. post and gauges on some. smart shock controller on others? all 22's so it's not just Polaris. and arctic- crap? you can't get anything from them. to the point i don't take them in right now.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
The power sport manufacturers are getting ready for the shit show that’s going to hit them. Disposable income for toys is evaporating quickly. Cat will be gone, and Yami, even tho has deep pockets, will throw the towel in on sleds. Can’t see more fossil fuels being pumped out of the ground for a couple more years, by that time it may be too late for a lot of businesses. Positive note, maybe I will get the chip for my truck’s heated seats sooner?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I’m 53. I’ve been snowmobiling since I was 12. I’m very comfortable financially. The thought of spending $300 on fuel (truck and sled) to go riding for a day sickens me. I just can’t justify that expense for a day of riding, even though I can afford it.
We are truly looking at an unstable world for a bit. What if you forgo many days next season and gas goes to $11.00/gallon in '24? Live your life now, regret sucks!

·
Registered
882 Posts
I’m 53. I’ve been snowmobiling since I was 12. I’m very comfortable financially. The thought of spending $300 on fuel (truck and sled) to go riding for a day sickens me. I just can’t justify that expense for a day of riding, even though I can afford it.
I’m fortunate right now going into the mess... I’m retired and will just make the trip ( 6hrs) up to camp and stay much longer. Like two weeks at a time I think to just make it a bit more worth the expense. My sleds are up there and it’s just the drive back and forth. I’ve worked hard all my life ( like many) and will just hang on and do it until it’s not viable given my situation. We will get though it all as we have before I feel . I’m not talking just our sport but Americans have to rally together for the better of ALL of us. We are not being served by leaders at hand.... it must be said. Taxation with not a drop of representation for the people, we are getting what we deserve for going “with the flow” theses days. It’s the truth.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
2,078 Posts
I have three sleds ordered for next season two Polaris’s and one doo. At the time of ordering I wasn’t very confident with the supply chain but the only bit of confidence I had was that both manufacturers were limiting the amount of MY 23 sleds.
I haven’t heard anything from Polaris yet but did see this from doo.
Looks like Ski Doo already blew their delivery estimates. From Ski Doo's website:

Last Updated: June 17, 2022

While it’s warm outside for now, we know the first snowflakes will begin falling soon enough!

We're putting our efforts into delivering snowmobiles and accessories as soon as possible. However, we're continuing to experience delays due to some component shortages and other supply chain constraints.

With that in mind, we anticipate some deliveries initially planned for November or December will now fall into January. You can reach out to your BRP dealer for updates regarding your order since they will have the latest available information. Our customer care team is also here for you if you have any other questions at 1-888-272-9222.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,059 Posts
Well that's not good! I ordered a 23 650 Adventure, but I will not be trading in the 21 until the new one shows. Not making that mistake again.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I have three sleds ordered for next season two Polaris’s and one doo. At the time of ordering I wasn’t very confident with the supply chain but the only bit of confidence I had was that both manufacturers were limiting the amount of MY 23 sleds.
Looks like Ski Doo already blew their delivery estimates. From Ski Doo's website:

While it’s warm outside for now, we know the first snowflakes will begin falling soon enough!

We're putting our efforts into delivering snowmobiles and accessories as soon as possible. However, we're continuing to experience delays due to some component shortages and other supply chain constraints.

With that in mind, we anticipate some deliveries initially planned for November or December will now fall into January. You can reach out to your BRP dealer for updates regarding your order since they will have the latest available information. Our customer care team is also here for you if you have any other questions at 1-888-272-9222.
I’m counting on it - hope it’ll help keep the used market hot haha

·
Registered
3,028 Posts

Good grief. Another shit show coming.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
2,078 Posts
Good grief. Another shit show coming.
Yes indeed looks like another shit show. So much for limiting production, although I’m sure it got the ones that were on the fence to pull the trigger hopefully both manufacturers can deliver their early orders before a good portion of the season is gone.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Well that's not good! I ordered a 23 650 Adventure, but I will not be trading in the 21 until the new one shows. Not making that mistake again.
No kidding that isn’t good…I’ve got a SB Assault 850 ordered and I sold my 21 SBA…should have an IQR 685 in the trailer just in case. 👍🏼🇺🇸

21 - 40 of 81 Posts