Hardcore Sledder banner

Rec Springs

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  iowasparrow 
#1 ·
Anybody know if they are closed for good?

#3 ·
This was just posted on another site, does not sound good but maybe someone will come in and get it opened up???

"Was in the Hills last weekend. Talked to some people who have some good information about things out there and I would be suprised if Rec Springs was even open this winter. The people who were in there for the last couple years are out. The place looks deserted and no snow has been cleaned out of there since the snowfall earlier this fall. The whole place looks to be in disrepair. Talked to someone who had recently been in the lodge area and they said it looks like a bomb went off in there. Evidently there was broken pipe above the bar and the place was flooded. Ceilings collapsed and water damage. All of the rentals are up in the trees and frozen in blocks of ice and frozen snow. This is what was going on just 2 weeks before the season is to open and the place looks like a ghost town."

#5 ·
As the original owner of Recreational Springs I want to set the record straight. We will be open for the winter. We have already started receiving new sleds. We did have a pipe to burst but we will be up and running when the trails open. Looking forward to a good season.

#10 ·
was just across the road from them for a week got gas every AM .
open and doing a great job. I do think they need to stock some more sled oils .
bud forgot his oil.it was amazing how hard it was to find poo gold or amsoil any place . had to drive in to deadwood and after a hardware store and the 5th gas station we went to had 2 qt of interceptor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.