Good Service - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Rush/Switchback (AXYS Platform) This is a brand-specific forumand a 100% NO BASH Zone. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree21Likes
  • 15 Post By D-rail
  • 3 Post By D-rail
  • 1 Post By Mag6240
  • 1 Post By Deephaven
  • 1 Post By D-rail

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2020, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 850 Pro S SB, '06 Fuse 6
Previous Sled(s): Polaris, Ski-Doo, Yamadog, Rupp, G-Whiz, Scrap Iron, etc.
Favorite Riding Area: roller coaster stuff
19-20 Mileage: 4275
18-19 Mileage: 3430
17-18 Mileage: 3205
16-17 Mileage: 3605
Riding Since: 1973
Default Good Service

My 2019 850 Switchback went kablooie a week ago Saturday. It locked up on a ride, and it was a good eight miles in from the nearest road. Fortunately, a guy on an old XLT two up stopped and gave me a ride to the road, and although it was a very nice day in the upper 30's, I wasn't relishing a two and a half hour walk. I thumbed a ride to my truck, another 25 miles away, and went home, got my crusty steed Fusion out from the snowpile, and went back to retrieve the new one.

With a limited time to bring it down to M & M Lawn and Leisure in Pine Island, I brought it to them the next Tuesday. They took it apart that day, determined it needed a new engine, and ordered one in for me. M & M is 200 miles away from me, but I have bought two new sleds from them, mostly because they have treated my good friend with great service whenever he's encountered trouble, and treated me fairly and given me good deals.. This time, I was asking to see if they could get my sled back in order to attend a ride I had set up for about a week away. Less than a week from when I brought it in, yesterday (Monday), I got the call my sled was done, and ready to pick up, so I made the journey south once more to bring it back. Polariis has a good dealer with these guys, they sell a ton of sleds (Wheelers and SxS's, too). Ecstatic they got my sled done in such a short time.

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats.
D-rail is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2020, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 ZR 8000 LTD IACT
Previous Sled(s): 14 XF 7000 10 F8 SP,05 F6,02 ZL 600SS, 99 ZL 600, 96 Pantera
Favorite Riding Area: Central MN
19-20 Mileage: 1425
18-19 Mileage: 1170
17-18 Mileage: 1260
16-17 Mileage: 960
Riding Since: 1972

@D-Rail you sure are getting your moneys worth out of the Poo warranty.
Fun11cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun11cat View Post
@D-Rail you sure are getting your moneys worth out of the Poo warranty.

Yep. Instead of me tearing my sled engines down, I'll leave that up to a good dealer to keep it running. I keep up with the normal maintenance, which is fine. I wasn't sure if buying a new sled was worth the extra money, but after spending countless hours and $$ fixing up older stuff only to have things break, I'm sure that I wouldn't buy a sled without a good warranty any more. Hate to see them break, and many times they don't. I do ride them fairly hard, but not abusively. Met some of the Polaris peeps, some sharp cookies!

To top it off, they gave me a decent demo sled to ride until I got mine fixed!!

Warranty is to help the manufacturers know where to improve their products, whether it's a vendored item, a process or defect. I've worked at a few dealers in my years, and found out that some were downright crooks. I can't work for those kinds of people.

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 rush prox
Previous Sled(s): xlt ultra xcr 800 04prox
Riding Since: ween

im still waiting on my new transplant from two weeks ago thursday we really dont have any conditions anyhow but just the point
trottlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 XCR Switchback 800, 2016 Switchback 800
Previous Sled(s): 2008 Switchback 700, 1993 XCR 440
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN
19-20 Mileage: 6535
18-19 Mileage: 4820
17-18 Mileage: 5280
16-17 Mileage: 3660
Riding Since: 1966

This is the EXACT reason I have decided to snow check a sled this year, instead of going the couple year old low mileage route. I have had good luck in the past doing that, but with the past couple winters, and the used sled market being priced where it is, what the hell, going to get my first new sled! Doesn't hurt to know that 4 year warranty will probably help a guy that puts a ton of miles on.....
rockin likes this.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 pro-s 850 SB
Previous Sled(s): 2016 pro-s 800 SB
Riding Since: 1967

How many miles on it? What flash-2019 or 2020? What failed- crank or top end?

I have the same sled with 1300 flawless miles and have the original flash.
ray j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 Assault
Favorite Riding Area: Closest place with snow

I have had great experiences working with Josh and M&M as well!
dskofich likes this.
Deephaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray j View Post
How many miles on it? What flash-2019 or 2020? What failed- crank or top end?

I have the same sled with 1300 flawless miles and have the original flash.

This engine had a little over 3400 miles on. I had a rod bearing give out, and it tore up the insides pretty good. Polaris wanted it back so I wasn't able to examine it and take any pics. This engine had a valve break at around 3,000 miles, (for a total of around 6400 all together), so they replaced the cylinder and pistons, took the first engine down to check the crankshaft, and re-assembled it with their specific instructions with new seals and gaskets. They wanted to make sure the bearing hadn't moved since they did have a few of those right away. The new one has the lockring.

They reset the break-in settings to run rich for the two hours, which also adds oil for a while, too. Still on the original flash. I average mid 13's for mileage, have gotten 17.9 on a 100 mile run last year with it from Ely to Finland under some fast cruising, but fairly steady throttle. No stumbles, hang-ups, or hiccups, so I'm leaving that part alone.
dskofich likes this.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 pro-s 850 SB
Previous Sled(s): 2016 pro-s 800 SB
Riding Since: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-rail View Post
This engine had a little over 3400 miles on. I had a rod bearing give out, and it tore up the insides pretty good. Polaris wanted it back so I wasn't able to examine it and take any pics. This engine had a valve break at around 3,000 miles, so they replaced the cylinder and pistons, took the first engine down to check the crankshaft, and re-assembled it with their specific instructions with new seals and gaskets. They wanted to make sure the bearing hadn't moved since they did have a few of those right away. The new one has the lockring.

They reset the break-in settings to run rich for the two hours, which also adds oil for a while, too. Still on the original flash. I average mid 13's for mileage, have gotten 17.9 on a 100 mile run last year with it from Ely to Finland under some fast cruising, but fairly steady throttle. No stumbles, hang-ups, or hiccups, so I'm leaving that part alone.
Thanks for getting back. Very limited riding conditions this year, so I will keep it for one more year and hope for the best. I average 14mpg. and 50/1 oil. All tight twisty trails around me so it's hard on the throttle then hard brakes for the next turn. Very few places to stay WOT. Love the way this thing pulls coming out of the turns. No matter what the speed it instantly goes 8200-8250 and stays there.

Good luck with the new motor.
ray j is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement