New flash on the 850 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Rush/Switchback (AXYS Platform) This is a brand-specific forumand a 100% NO BASH Zone. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By probill

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Xc 850
Previous Sled(s): 2015 Axys Rush 800
Favorite Riding Area: Woodford Vt
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1700
17-18 Mileage: 1100
16-17 Mileage: 1300
Riding Since: 1990
Default New flash on the 850

The seasons pretty much over here in my area and I was going to bring my sled have the track adjusted, chaincase oil changed etc. The dealer says to wait a few days there is a new flash coming for the 850 because some been getting det errors.

I kinda run my life like if it isn't broke don't fix it. my 2020 is a fucking beast and the best motor I've ever had from Polaris. It pulls hard all the way to 110 with my fat ass on it and I am scared the new flash could change the way it runs.

Anyone heard anything about this flash or have any opinions on it?
Hidaian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 Pro S Switchback 800
Favorite Riding Area: OFSC District 5
Riding Since: 1980

Hard to have opinions when itís not out yet but Iím with you, if itís been running good leave it alone. With that said, my BIL has been having DET issues all season on his 850 and Polaris answer was to adjust the knock sensor. When that did nothing they then told him to run in ethanol mode until the new flash came out that they were working on. (That was over a month ago). Not sure if they plan on giving him anything extra for all the trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ReedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 850 Pro S
Previous Sled(s): 2005 MXZ Gade 800 2000 Polaris 800 LE 1997 XCR 600 triple
Favorite Riding Area: Frederic
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 950
17-18 Mileage: 500
16-17 Mileage: 2000
Riding Since: 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidaian View Post
The seasons pretty much over here in my area and I was going to bring my sled have the track adjusted, chaincase oil changed etc. The dealer says to wait a few days there is a new flash coming for the 850 because some been getting det errors.

I kinda run my life like if it isn't broke don't fix it. my 2020 is a fucking beast and the best motor I've ever had from Polaris. It pulls hard all the way to 110 with my fat ass on it and I am scared the new flash could change the way it runs.

Anyone heard anything about this flash or have any opinions on it?
If you bring it to your dealer and don't have him flash it you will lose your warranty. IMHO.
Frederick Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2020, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would not reflash your sled if you like how it runs. I have a 19 850 that had decent run quality. Not perfect but only a few minor issues. I got the 2020 flash and now its a pig. Bad on gas, bad on oil, smokes like its full of storage oil at idle, throws codes every day. Last year I think it coded once. I only run premium non ethanol fuel too. I would give anything to get the 19 flash back compared to the 2020. Worse thing I ever did and will NEVER do it again. If it aint broke, dont fix it!!
ray j likes this.
probill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: WNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick Bob View Post
If you bring it to your dealer and don't have him flash it you will lose your warranty. IMHO.
no lol. Its not a recall its a service advisory. its not a madatory thing. It will be only for sleds that have issues. But after it comes out you will only have the opportunity to get it done for free for a limited time usually around a year. after that you might have to pay to get it
snowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement