Hardcore Sledder banner

Idler bearing size, '15 Axys switch

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Thumb2bar 
#1 ·
Going to order some idler bearings to replace all of the skid. What size bearing do I need? I am going to order some good aftermarket bearings in bulk.
Thanks

#7 · (Edited)
And this is COMPLETE BS. Here's a picture of the upper idler wheel bearings on my sled after 5000 miles (Yeah, I screwed up by not checking them after 2500)
I think they are the 6205, but don't quote me on that...… same bearing as the drive shaft and jack shaft and chain case.

Attachments

#15 ·
I service all my suspension and drive bearings yearly while doing my spring maintenance , those upper bearings on both my 16 and my wife’s 17 have more water In those bearings than any of the wheel bearings on the rails, don’t know why but they are always full of water! I remove all the wheel bearings, blow all of the old grease and water out, flush with brake cleaner blow clean and dry and repack with fresh grease and reinstall seals.
I’m sure some people think that it’s a waste of time, maybe so, I’ve been doing it this way since the early 2000’s.

Jmo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.