HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   Rush/Switchback (AXYS Platform) (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/929-rush-switchback-axys-platform/)
-   -   Stock deck to exhaust port measurement (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/929-rush-switchback-axys-platform/1856864-stock-deck-exhaust-port-measurement.html)

booboo 05-11-2019 09:37 PM

Stock deck to exhaust port measurement

As post says, Does anyone know what the stock measurement might be on an 2018 xcr 800?

Meat Head 05-12-2019 04:33 PM

Local speed shop ported this sled, trying to verify it actually was done. Appears to not have been done. Still has a sand cast look.
This sled carries a back story worth telling, however the owner should post that once we determine what's been done.
I will say this the fix kit doesn't fix anything on the ho engine...

booboo 05-15-2019 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No need for measurements.. there was no porting done.. Good thing I payed priceless performance to port it... $3200 for junk

booboo 05-15-2019 07:29 PM

Second time it locked up.. got bout 400miles out of it both times and before it went down..

Fun11cat 05-15-2019 07:32 PM

OUCH

Price per mile and down time is not your friend on this motor.

Will they back there work and redo the motor for you.

booboo 05-15-2019 07:34 PM

Pretty pissed about Priceless screwing me.. long story short i called him about a bb kit.. instead he talk me into this kit that was supposed to be similar power and more reliable... well 800 miles and now 2 motors and he no longer reply back to me.. what's really sad is it wasnt any faster then stock.. payed him $3200 for nothing.. I think I put more miles on my boots walking g this passed winter then I did riding..

booboo 05-15-2019 07:36 PM

Nope sent him that pics and he wont answer me back

Meat Head 05-15-2019 07:48 PM

True story, no bs either. I pulled that pile of priceless junk out of the woods both times.

Unfortunately the story is worse than this. Slow turn around time to what might have been the all time slowest and poorly executed clutch set up I have ever seen. Really and nerd could have picked a better set up..
So stay away boys, I have held my tongue on this one long enough, he's had his chance to be a man and man up.

booboo 05-15-2019 08:00 PM

Promised me dyno time to tune this setup.. but that never happened.. wasnt faster then stock.. the stock Doo 850 would smoke me.. I payed priceless to pipe, port, head kit, and different piston to make my sled run.. he did all the work and it wasn't any faster then stock.. only thing fast about was how fast it went down

jfaub63 05-16-2019 02:24 PM

I had the same issue with another well known shops porting. mine ran great for the first 50-100 miles then would start falling off 400-500 miles max. Pistons look identical to yours. I was told it was from lack of lubrication even though I had extra oil in the gas along with the controller adding extra oil also.