HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   Rush/Switchback (AXYS Platform) (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/929-rush-switchback-axys-platform/)
-   -   2016 and 2017 pro s 800ís with coolant leak (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/929-rush-switchback-axys-platform/1766290-2016-2017-pro-s-800-s-coolant-leak.html)

Stryfast 11-26-2017 10:18 AM

2016 and 2017 pro s 800ís with coolant leak
 
I bought both sleds brand new. 16 has 1600 miles on it and leaked 2 tablespoons of coolant in trailer last summer, I took it to the dealer and they couldnít find a leak. I put a clamp on one of the head bleed off lines and thought it was fixed but just looked in trailer and itís still leaking. Took the brand new 17 out today and saw a little coolant under it, and canít find coolant/wetness anywhere!!
Any suggestions would be appreciated as Iím getting frustrated with this! Love the sleds otherwise

TUT TUNE UP 11-26-2017 12:18 PM

Could of just had an air bubble and worked it's way out the overflow but I'm not know expert, maybe Rick can answer, hope it's not a head gasket issue

patrioticinnovations 11-26-2017 12:31 PM

First, is the coolant bottle showing low?

Second, if not, then might be from previous bleeding done at dealer.

Third, if it is, then there can be several potential places for leaks.
1. T-stat housing area
2. Exhaust valve area hoses.
3. Waterpump hoses/clamps in front down low.
4. Heat exchanger hoses behind engine.
5. Throttle body entry and exit hoses.

Any air bubbles will not normally cause leaks. Just possible overheating which can cause leaks from the bottle overflow hose.

Stryfast 11-26-2017 08:28 PM

Thanks for the ideas, the 16 would leave a little spot where parked last winter but the coolant was never low and level in 17 is fine as well. Neither leak a lot but I would prefer no leaks, just wondering how common coolant leaks are in these sleds? Thanks for all comments and ideas.

patrioticinnovations 11-27-2017 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryfast (Post 18966362)
Thanks for the ideas, the 16 would leave a little spot where parked last winter but the coolant was never low and level in 17 is fine as well. Neither leak a lot but I would prefer no leaks, just wondering how common coolant leaks are in these sleds? Thanks for all comments and ideas.

Most of my riding buddies have various year AXYS 800 sleds. No problems with coolant leaks at all.

Make sure that the caps on the coolant bottles are all the way tight. Check bleeder screw on top of thermostat housing. Do not overfill bottle.

Make sure coolant system is properly bled of all air. This requires tipping sled at a 45 degree angle on left side.

trottlejo 11-27-2017 07:10 AM

pressurize cooling system or have dealer do it and look for leak we want no leaks in cooling system :bc2:

Punkkone 11-27-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trottlejo (Post 18968050)
pressurize cooling system or have dealer do it and look for leak we want no leaks in cooling system :bc2:

I improvised when I had to do this a few years back, used a tire inflater with a pressure gauge, taped it up with vulc to seal against the bottle.. Tapped the trigger gently a few times and held it in place a few minutes to make sure pressure didn't drop. Could easily have zip-tied it to the bottle to do ocular inspecition for leaks.. :whistle:

sleddog66 11-27-2017 10:06 AM

If all else fails, dye the coolent system. After you notice the leak, take into a dark shop and blacklight it. You will find the leak:thumbsup:

trottlejo 11-27-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punkkone (Post 18968570)
I improvised when I had to do this a few years back, used a tire inflater with a pressure gauge, taped it up with vulc to seal against the bottle.. Tapped the trigger gently a few times and held it in place a few minutes to make sure pressure didn't drop. Could easily have zip-tied it to the bottle to do ocular inspecition for leaks.. :whistle:

careful with this only need 12 psi and no mess so you can leave pressurized for the amount of time it takes for leak to occur

Punkkone 12-01-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trottlejo (Post 18970186)
careful with this only need 12 psi and no mess so you can leave pressurized for the amount of time it takes for leak to occur

Yeah, IMO that kind of speaks for it self, if someone does this and shoots 30PSI into the system I take no responsibility for cracked bottles, sudden disconnection of hoses or blown o-rings! :laff:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.