HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   Rush/Switchback (AXYS Platform) (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/929-rush-switchback-axys-platform/)
-   -   Stock for stock, what's faster up top? (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/929-rush-switchback-axys-platform/1705618-stock-stock-whats-faster-up-top.html)

'Dat Speed 02-13-2017 01:41 PM

Stock for stock, what's faster up top?

Swotchback Pro S or switchback Assault (1.352 cobra): Is there a definite answer to this question?
I've yet to ride an assault but based on the conventional skid I am curious if they are able to carry more speed than the S, as was the case with the indy and the Pro R's.
However, I would anticipate the assault to have more acceleration simply due to its lower gearing, and better traction. That said, the weight transfer has gotta be bigger on the Pro S simply due to design, and thus I'm wondering how close they stack up in acceleration as well....tho my primary question here is top speed, and which is faster.

Just to stir the pot too, what would results be comparing and assault and an S with the SAME track (1.352 cobra for arguments sake)

Either way, lets assume raight line, hard packed, both machines studded, and this applies for both comparisons.

Let's hear it fellas

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

sledking52 02-13-2017 01:45 PM

I've only seen 106mph on the Speedo of my assault. But Max speed says 114mph so I don't know what's up there...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

huntler555 02-13-2017 02:56 PM

so i have a 2017 pro s with a 1.35 track my buddy has a 17 assault with the same track we raced many times and consistently he jumps me by a sled and then i spend the next 1/2 mile catching him. its a slow process lol i would guess it might be 1-2 mph faster (pro s le) then i put a slp stage 2 kit on the pro s i jump the assault by a good 1-2 sleds and slowly pull the entire way ....

swamper 02-13-2017 03:35 PM

Get the Assault down from over-reving and its game over for the S, out of the hole and top end.

'Dat Speed 02-13-2017 04:52 PM

Nice alright this is cool, any other experiences?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

prose 02-13-2017 06:03 PM

Get the pro s rpm's down as well ............mine is totally stock and only 106 miles on it and max recall was 116mph across my short bay.........i'm not light either.............

prose 02-13-2017 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pic

sledking52 02-13-2017 06:27 PM

I don't think those max things are right.. I reset mine and did a run and only saw 106 and the max said 114...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

northstarrick 02-14-2017 07:07 AM

side by side the assault owns the pro-s. out of the hole midrange and top end. it's a more efficient drivetrain and suspension. track angle etc. comes into play here as well. the pro-s has a more bump suspension even if it's tamer it's still the same skid used in all the axys pro ride sleds.

never satisfied 02-14-2017 11:04 AM

Man I better park the turbo. These speeds seem really high, I have run with a new Assault and it runs good but I can pass him at will at any speed. I can sit straight up and drink a beer and go by him laying on the tank all tucked in! Kind of like the guys claiming to run 140 on their turbo cats, maybe my speedo is off or our snow in WI is slower??????????

Just :stirthepot:, if I bought a Polaris it would be the Assault, I could not stand the ride of my Rush, they got it right on this one.