Hardcore Sledder banner

Replacement ECU no VIN- Hurricane Flasher

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  MR WEEZ 
#1 ·
I added a Hurricane Gap Flasher to my 2017 ThunderCat. The first time I installed it, It blew off a hose that was loose and threw a 1236 error code.
The dealer fixed the leak but could not clear the code. (We swapped another ecu to verify the leak was fixed).
After waiting 6 weeks I finally got the replacement ECU.
Here's the issue:
The new ECU is not programmed with a vin number. Factory says they don't do it and dealer says he has no way to do it.
Now my flasher won't work cause I have no vin :dunno:

I have a call in to Hurricane but wanted to check if anyone else has run in to the no VIN thing.

#5 ·
3 dealers tried to clear the code and were unable to do it. One place swapped a floor model ECU into my sled and showed that my leak was fixed but my ECU in a new sled still threw the code and wouldn't clear. Then I ran my old ECU for 6 weeks with all leaks fixed. Code never cleared and I was limited to 8000 rpm. Now I got the new ECU and CAT took the old one back so I can't get it now. BTW: Code is gone

Can I send you the ECU and flasher for you to pair up?

#11 ·
Huge shout out to Hurricane!!

I had trouble with a 1236 code and then the replacement ecu had no VIN.

Dave went out of his way to help me find the issue and got it all fixed and running perfect. You couldn't work with better or smarter people.
:fistpump2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.