Knock detection finalization on hurricane dyno - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Turbo 4 Stroke This is the section for all the Turbo 4 Stroke talk This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Sponsored by: Evolution Powersports

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2017, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
HCS Vendor

19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 13669
16-17 Mileage: 16
Default Knock detection finalization on hurricane dyno

Well here we are in the final stages of the knock detection and safety protocols development. We will be together tomorrow with the engineer on our dyno and our expectations are to complete the sensitivity tuning.this has been a large project that I know is important to everyone and I must admit that my poor engine has been taking a beating as I purposely induce a knock condition while running it on the dyno. It is my intention to do whatever is nessesary to finish this knock detection project while working together with others to create the very best and most reliable system on the market. No mater the stress on my engine during this project.with the help from Jim at dynotech, we have developed a means of hearing knock clearly and is now an integral part of the hurricane dyno test facility. In addition, our engineering team have developed an electronic stand alone knock detection system to clearly see the knock as I induce it on the dyno. With all this effort from us working as a dedicated team,we are just about ready for our knock system release
Dave
rockerdan likes this.
hurricaneperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2017, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2 z1 turbo & Blacke
Previous Sled(s): to many to list
Favorite Riding Area: where ever there is snow
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1900
Riding Since: 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneperformance View Post
Well here we are in the final stages of the knock detection and safety protocols development. We will be together tomorrow with the engineer on our dyno and our expectations are to complete the sensitivity tuning.this has been a large project that I know is important to everyone and I must admit that my poor engine has been taking a beating as I purposely induce a knock condition while running it on the dyno. It is my intention to do whatever is nessesary to finish this knock detection project while working together with others to create the very best and most reliable system on the market. No mater the stress on my engine during this project.with the help from Jim at dynotech, we have developed a means of hearing knock clearly and is now an integral part of the hurricane dyno test facility. In addition, our engineering team have developed an electronic stand alone knock detection system to clearly see the knock as I induce it on the dyno. With all this effort from us working as a dedicated team,we are just about ready for our knock system release
Dave
wow you guys really talk the talk, first you say you have it done then you go on to say you are in the final stages of it,???? which way is it done or not, cant have it both ways then you say it necessary to finish this knock detection project with help from Jim help and you go onto say its the very best and most reliable on the market, what market, some of you guys you talk some real dumb stuff you sell you will talk some real shit, who do you think you are fooling, just call it the way it is. I hope you get it work out because of the need. good lot,
TurboJamie likes this.
cropsprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 Thundercat
Previous Sled(s): ZR 700 - Indy 500 - Panther
Favorite Riding Area: Michigan UP
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 700
17-18 Mileage: 450
16-17 Mileage: 700
Riding Since: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by cropsprayer View Post
wow you guys really talk the talk, first you say you have it done then you go on to say you are in the final stages of it,???? which way is it done or not, cant have it both ways then you say it necessary to finish this knock detection project with help from Jim help and you go onto say its the very best and most reliable on the market, what market, some of you guys you talk some real dumb stuff you sell you will talk some real shit, who do you think you are fooling, just call it the way it is. I hope you get it work out because of the need. good lot,
That's a long run on sentence. As I recall, the post said they had a light and a system. It wasn't totally dialed in yet. Sounds like it will be probably tomorrow. What's the big deal ?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Old 10-05-2017, 06:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 XRS 900 Turbo
Previous Sled(s): 2018 Ski-Doo BCX 850
Favorite Riding Area: Northern Ontario
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 9,253 km
17-18 Mileage: 7,900
16-17 Mileage: 7,130 km
Riding Since: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneperformance View Post
Dave
Copper tube into your ear muffs knock system?
TurboJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
BTP
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 18,93 Thunder Cat, 13 XF800, 06 Crossfire 7,
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboJamie View Post
Copper tube into your ear muffs knock system?
As funny as that sounds we have 20 dyno cells in our facility for durability testing on new engine platforms and every cell has that setup in it. Its old school but works.
2018 / 2019 Thundercat
BTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
TommCat Performance

Current Sled(s): too many
Previous Sled(s): 10 F8, 06 F7, 03 ZR9, 02 ZL6, 98 ZR6, 86 El Tigre 6000
Favorite Riding Area: Maine
Riding Since: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTP View Post
As funny as that sounds we have 20 dyno cells in our facility for durability testing on new engine platforms and every cell has that setup in it. Its old school but works.
if I could run some tubing from my engine into my helmet.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home of the only clutch kits that can save you from honey badgers
Tommcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
TommCat Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by cropsprayer View Post
I think you are confusing hurricanes posts with someone elses, who actually HAS done that all along.

and leaving them and hurricane out of this, to their credit, SPEEDWERX was actually the first to market with it fully functional.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17' sidewinder '10 Z1 turbo
Favorite Riding Area: Northern Quebec

SPEEDWERX showed a code on the dash and that's proof to you? Not seeing any kind of proof there, unplug a sensor and you will get a code showing. Only one that is actually showing any proof so far is Turbo Dynamics.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
TurboJamie likes this.
Speedjunky64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
TommCat Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunky64 View Post
SPEEDWERX showed a code on the dash and that's proof to you? Not seeing any kind of proof there, unplug a sensor and you will get a code showing. Only one that is actually showing any proof so far is Turbo Dynamics.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
actually, it turns on the high temp light, flashes octane and sets a code.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Current Sled(s): 17 Sidewinder LTX-SE, 12 f1100lxr
Previous Sled(s): 12 F 1100 SP Turbo06 cf 700 SP, 05 F7sp, 08 f1000, 07 cf1000
Favorite Riding Area: Norther Ontario/ Quebec
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 2200
16-17 Mileage: 800
Riding Since: 1969

I think a few people have to get over themselves. Who cares who did it first, just that they are testing it to ensure it works. I believe that all three are doing the necessary work to ensure us as the customer benefits and that is what counts. I say well done and keep up the good work!! Good on ya Dave and the others for your hard work as we all benefit if you should choose to purchase!!

Cheers

Jester

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement