Turbo Dynamics Knock light in Action for (2017-2018 Sidewinder ZR9000 Thundercat) - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Turbo 4 Stroke This is the section for all the Turbo 4 Stroke talk This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Sponsored by: Evolution Powersports

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2017, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Default Turbo Dynamics Knock light in Action for (2017-2018 Sidewinder ZR9000 Thundercat)

After many days of testings, we are getting extremely close to a release date for our Knock light system. We have been working independantly as well as with the GAP team to develop a knock light. My testing has proven the weakness of the factory knock detection and I now have full control over the sensitivity and knock protection action.

We now have a TD knock light on the Dash and custom TD knock protection programming (engine protection) as well as a TD knock light shift light through the TD flasher (GAP). As well as Knock datalogging...
We are getting very close to a release just a few more test left. Tomorrow is dyno day. Video will be available shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TD knock light in action.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1873025   Click image for larger version

Name:	20708386_1650006965072723_7381447446971158939_n (1).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	1873033   Click image for larger version

Name:	TDflashesdescription2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	1873041  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-800-549-0246

2009-2015 1100 turbo 4 stage ECU REFLASH, 200-273HP on pump gas up to 320HP on race fuel. Fastest stock turbo E.T. on grass 4.46 at Haydays 2013 (Priceless sled)

Turbo Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2017, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

from the creator of the knock light...the first functioning knock light for our 998s ...kudos....you guys are definitely in the pursuit of excellence!
**SJ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

We brought antilag too but now everybody wants it... Remember when they said we didn't need it?
I remember.

1-800-549-0246

2009-2015 1100 turbo 4 stage ECU REFLASH, 200-273HP on pump gas up to 320HP on race fuel. Fastest stock turbo E.T. on grass 4.46 at Haydays 2013 (Priceless sled)

Old 10-05-2017, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Site Moderator - Chris

Current Sled(s): 2018 Switchback Assault 800
Previous Sled(s): '16 SB Pro-X; '15 Rush Pro-S; '12 SB Pro-R; '09 Dragon -Cats
Favorite Riding Area: Lake Namakagon/Cable, WI
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 457
17-18 Mileage: 2032
16-17 Mileage: 825
Riding Since: 1975

Follow the rules guys .... thread cleaned up.
Bontz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Dynamics View Post
We brought antilag too but now everybody wants it... Remember when they said we didn't need it?
I remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIYFUPvNt8

yes I remember...I remember running the HJ and getting the octane code and those I ran against with TD tunes running more power with the same octane....then running against price with the anti lag and I was behind 4 from jump....thats when I knew you guys were on to something
rockerdan likes this.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SJ** View Post
yes I remember...I remember running the HJ and getting the octane code and those I ran against with TD tunes running more power with the same octane....then running against price with the anti lag and I was behind 4 from jump....thats when I knew you guys were on to something
You've been around for a long time. Antilag was a powerful weapon in a drag race for turbo sleds.
I remember also when they tried to discredit the usefulness of antilag on trail sleds. I can pull up many post from 2010-2015.
Around 2015, they stopped trying to discredit it because many shops now had that technology.

Now everybody wants those features !

But my goal is keep innovating, keep working as hard as possible to supply my customers with the best tunes and technology !

This year our service has never been better. We have a great team and we are ready. Our massive inventory helps keeps order shipment flowing !
1100saber and rockerdan like this.

1-800-549-0246

Old 10-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2 z1 turbo & Blacke
Previous Sled(s): to many to list
Favorite Riding Area: where ever there is snow
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1900
Riding Since: 1955

Quote:
You've been around for a long time. Antilag was a powerful weapon in a drag race for turbo sleds.
I remember also when they tried to discredit the usefulness of antilag on trail sleds. I can pull up many post from 2010-2015.
Around 2015, they stopped trying to discredit it because many shops now had that technology.

But my goal is keep innovating, keep working as hard as possible to supply my customers with the best tunes and technology !

This year our service has never been better. We have a great team and we are ready. Our massive inventory helps keeps order shipment flowing !
YOU where spot on Ben keep pushing the extra mile, your customers appreciate it.what happen to SJ post, did they take it down???? he did nothing or say anything other than the truth
cropsprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cropsprayer View Post
YOU where spot on Ben keep pushing the extra mile, your customers appreciate it.what happen to SJ post, did they take it down???? he did nothing or say anything other than the truth
I think the mods are right to clean things up. Little wars between camps is not good for business. Lets keep things informative !
rockerdan likes this.

1-800-549-0246

Old 10-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
HSR
Administrator

Current Sled(s): 2015 800 Pro S Switchback
Favorite Riding Area: snow
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1000

Quote:
I think the mods are right to clean things up. Little wars between camps is not good for business. Lets keep things informative !
rockerdan likes this.
HSR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:

Ive been eyeballing other exhausts....but recent tests with that noise meter showed me the super quiet is really super quiet....I was totally impressed...my question is ...for those who would run pt or even max 17+ would it flow enough...on the old sled I always thought 3"...but the quietness really impressed me in that test....how will it perform and wheres the cross over where yes here you need more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement