2012 Switchback Assault project - Axys crank, Quickdrive, 146 - Page 6 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Switchback Assault/RMK (Pro-Ride Chassis) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2020, 03:32 AM   #51 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Alright, well...semi final update

Been incredibly busy and had some life changing events happen, but despite that, the sled is still here! I finally got a chance to yard the sled out of the enclosed trailer and get the TPS set for a better idle.

I ordered up some decals from various 2020 sleds as they had a few new ones I thought fit the color scheme well. The "ASSAULT" is from the 2020 SBA tank decal, and the "146" is from the Indy Anniversary SKS. This is officially the only PRO Switchback Assault in existence! Now, she's ready to ride!

Unfortunately, it's currently -27*F so I'm going to wait until it warms up and the snow softens for a good test ride. Next week looks pretty promising!

polaris_buddy and Boggy like this.
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2020, 11:34 PM   #52 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 2013 SB Assault retro, 2010 Polaris SB D6
Previous Sled(s): 2002 xc sp 500, 98 AC zr600, 86 indy 600, 81 indy txl 340
Favorite Riding Area: Grand Lake, CO

Looks like a great build! Thanks for posting from start to finish.
Rizzo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:46 AM   #53 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

So over a year later, I finally got a chance to take it out on the first ride! I definitely need to back off the Primary weight a bit and possibly dial in the springs a bit more, but this thing still takes off like a rocket. I have never owned a sled that can hook, plant, and launch like this one will. This is THE sled Polaris should have built. The silver sled in the pictures is a stock 2015 SBA and there is no comparison between the two. I cannot even describe what an amazing combo this entire package is. I buried it twice and fell off once so it was a great ride. Can’t wait to get the clutching dialed in and take it out again.

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement