2015 polaris assault 800 144x2 suspention set up - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Switchback Assault/RMK (Pro-Ride Chassis) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Current Sled(s): 2015 RMK 800
Previous Sled(s): 600 H.O. Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzydog View Post
Ok thanks. Can I do one side at a time? I have only removed these before on another skid to change shocks. Not easy to do this

Loosen track, removed both bolts, have an assistant help manipulate skid forward or aft (because the rear scissor arm will be what you’re fighting) until the front arm aligns with whichever bolt holes in the tunnel you want to use, install bolts and tension/align track. I use to do this by myself, in about 10-15 minutes.
sayatodaU.P.eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2019, 11:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 RMK 144
Previous Sled(s): 2013 INDY 600, 2008 IQ SHIFT, 94 INDY STORM,
Riding Since: 1989

ok great, thanks
ozzydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): The Frankenstein
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere there is snow.
Riding Since: 1992

Bump up
polaris bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 08:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

suspension 101. your front track shock is the pivot point of your sled. messing with this and the limiter strap can have very bad effects. # 1 have your shocks rebuilt to make sure they are up to spec. you should only need revalving if you are over 260 lb's or under 180 lb's or very aggressive rider that jumps a lot. set you front track shock at factory spec. your front IFS spring pre-load set just so the springs keep the keeper on with the front end off the ground. the rear pre-load now use for weight transfer and front end bite.

all assaults need gripper ski's or equivalent aftermarket ones with 6" shaper bars.

set all clicker to 3-4 except the front track shock. set at 2.

make a one turn only adjustment at a time on the front IFS shocks if needed? and 1-2 clicker adjustment at a time. to many people just start turning the clicker to 8-10 or so. your shocks wont even move here. front IFS shocks to stiff or to much weight on the ski's, it will high side not enough it will push.

if you can't get it dialed in then you may need stronger or different weight springs especially on the rear arm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
zeg
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 SBA
Previous Sled(s): To many to list
Favorite Riding Area: my camp
Riding Since: 1990

Like Rick said get the shocks rebuild I have seen lots that have the clicker c-clip busted out. Any adjustments in this state will have little to no affect on your suspension.
zeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): The Frankenstein
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere there is snow.
Riding Since: 1992

Bump up
polaris bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '12 SBA, '12 RMK600, '11 SBA
Previous Sled(s): 1999 Polaris SKS 700
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN, UP Michigan
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick View Post
suspension 101. your front track shock is the pivot point of your sled. messing with this and the limiter strap can have very bad effects. # 1 have your shocks rebuilt to make sure they are up to spec. you should only need revalving if you are over 260 lb's or under 180 lb's or very aggressive rider that jumps a lot. set you front track shock at factory spec. your front IFS spring pre-load set just so the springs keep the keeper on with the front end off the ground. the rear pre-load now use for weight transfer and front end bite.

all assaults need gripper ski's or equivalent aftermarket ones with 6" shaper bars.

make a one turn only adjustment at a time on the front IFS shocks if needed? and 1-2 clicker adjustment at a time. to many people just start turning the clicker to 8-10 or so. your shocks wont even move here. front IFS shocks to stiff or to much weight on the ski's, it will high side not enough it will push.

if you can't get it dialed in then you may need stronger or different weight springs especially on the rear arm.

With your weight be around 200Lbs, Northstar has you really close on the set up for your needs, without knowing the actual trail conditions. The WE's are an excellent shock, you can also play with the oil you put in the shock to assist in your rebound. Depending on the trail and the whoops, I like a Honda 5 weight, versus the U.P. Michigan railroad grades, then I up the oil weight for the Cadillac ride to accompany the "no speed limit"!!! BTW, it sure looks like the Mosquito Inn will be open for the Winter, ran the Harley up there back in September, and the owners are looking to be in it to win it as they say!!!!
polaris1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick View Post

What are stock specs on all 4 shocks? I have a 2014 SBA and I'm constantly fighting with when ditchbanging vause it just nose dives. I wanna set everything up back to factory specs, and work from there

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Tinknocker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement