Project Assult - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Switchback Assault/RMK (Pro-Ride Chassis) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2017, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Pro rmk860/iqrr
Previous Sled(s): about 20 polaris's
Favorite Riding Area: Cantwell
Riding Since: 4?
Default Project Assult

Figured I'd share what I'v been up to!

After this years fishing season in Bristal Bay I decided to buy another sled, and happened to stumble across a deal I couldn't pass up.

Turns out the sled had quite the story behind it. The guy I met to pick it up is a pro rider and is featured in many riding films, this exact sled was used in the film Winter Project which came out a couple years back.

specs on the sled
2014 Assault RMK 800, 155x2.4" track. 20xx miles on it.
has van amburg bulkhead and tunnel braces
under seat bag as well as a dash bag.
C&A pro XT skis
stiffer valved shocks

Issues with the sled
bowed running boards from taking some seriously hard landings
slightly tweaked a arm
crank shaft broken in half
rear section of tunnel slightly tweaked
hood was painted & is flaking

initial purchase price $2,200.

Picked up a good bottom end for $300

got bored one day and started drawing up what I wanted to do for a rear bumper/tunnel brace

got the first template made, I will use this so I can make more in the future.

PO had swapped the stock shocks for a set of stock pro shocks, no idea why. So I yanked the stock pro shocks for a set of custom build walker evens done by ryznar industries that I already had

added a gas rack that I already had

Replaced the stock running boards for a set of Skinz air frames that I already had

straightened the tunnel

got bored so started to polish the tunnel

Spent $300 on pistons/gaskets. I went with aftermarket SPI pistons sense they have groves in the skirts to retain oil and prevent scoring.

heres a little time laps of the engine going together. feel free to check out my channel, I do regular uploads.

First start!

Post build compression test before its broke in

Everyone in my group "Noon Crew" has called this the Project Assault, so I went ahead and made it official

Now I'm at the point I need to finish building a rear bumper/brace and get a new A arm for it

14' assault rmk 800 "Project Assault" - 155/2.6", C&A mtx's, van amburg bulkhead/tunnel braces, skinz air frames, zbroz 43" front suspension, Polaris ultimate front bumper, OFT pro armor tether, custom rail braces, stiff valved front shocks, custom built rear shocks, BMP powder lite can, SLP high flow intake, geared down, self setup clutching.
crdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2017, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 850 Assault
Previous Sled(s): 2017 XCR 600, 2016 SKS 800, 2012 Assault 800, 2008 IQRR 600
Favorite Riding Area: Local, Maine, Tughill
18-19 Mileage 2000
17-18 Mileage: 2500
16-17 Mileage: 2000
15-16 Mileage: 1800
Riding Since: Day1

Did you watch the film? If I remember correctly this sled was showcased in a segment just getting molested. Good to see it brought back to life, some might call it a piece of history🤷🏽*♀️
Old 09-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Do you have any pics of the tunnel from when it was bent?
kevin4578 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 12:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Nah I have not seen the film. I tried finding a copy of it locally but seems no one has it sense its getting pretty old now. So not sure what you mean by being molested lol He did show me pics of him on it catching some pretty big air though!
After seeing the pics, I'm really surprised the sled is so straight for what has been done to it. I have buddys with assaults that are in far worse shape. Heck the over structure isn't even cracked, braces on bulkhead arnt cracked and no signs of cracks in the chain case which are all common areas for us.

I did take it out for some laps in the yard!

14' assault rmk 800 "Project Assault" - 155/2.6", C&A mtx's, van amburg bulkhead/tunnel braces, skinz air frames, zbroz 43" front suspension, Polaris ultimate front bumper, OFT pro armor tether, custom rail braces, stiff valved front shocks, custom built rear shocks, BMP powder lite can, SLP high flow intake, geared down, self setup clutching.

Last edited by crdude2; 09-14-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Got a new front bumper for it!

Have some more new goodies for it to, but that will be in the next vid!

Old 11-03-2017, 03:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 xc indy 840
Previous Sled(s): 2015 prox 17 prox 17 xcr 10 xp 09 nytro 06 apex 05 f7 03 f7
Favorite Riding Area: Tug hill- old forge

Found it. There is a preview of "winter project " on you tube and a couple glimpses of your sled.
Lid2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

More goodies on the Project Assault!!!

What to do to it next?
Maybe if I could get BMP to sponsor me I could get my 860 big bore rebuilt and slap it in there.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Picking up more goodies for it tomorrow, starting to run out of ideas for things to get for it!

Old 11-17-2017, 07:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

got a new can on it.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

43" zbroz front suspension is done

Ditched the crap Polaris tether for a OFT pro armor tether.

also replaced plastics that go around the gas tank, got a under hood bag. Also clutched the sled.

finally took it out for a ride this weekend, theres a quick clip of me riding it at the end of this vid. its an animal!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement