2021 Riot X... - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProClimb (2012 - ) M 800/1100/

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2019, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 High Country 8000 Limited
Default 2021 Riot X...

I think this sled...2021 Riot X looks like a pretty badass boondock sled. Itís basically a High Country with the alpha suspension. The only gripe that I have is the 2.6Ē track. Iím a little hesitant that itís too much lug for my riding.

Iím now typically riding UP off trail while putting some miles on riding to dinner and scenic stops.

What do you guys think?

It looks like itís geared well with 9 tooth drivers and the 2.86 pitch track, itís got scratchers, full length tunnel coolers, and a swaybar, also a 39Ē-41Ē stance.
BobRoss likes this.
staticstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2019, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 8000 high country, SnoPro 500, zr900
Previous Sled(s): many cats
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN

I picked up a 19 high country last year and love it but I think I may have to trade it for this new x. I love the idea. Wish they'd give at least the option of no e start. I'd even consider a 6000 if they offer one. I like the charcoal and red. 2.6 might be much for trail but I would really try to limit trail time strictly to getting off trail.
I'd plan on it being a dedicated boondock sled that can go down a trail. Not a real crossover. I'm excited about it!
Did you see how beefy those running boards are?
It's on the ascender chassis, the narrow body work should be cool. I wonder if the drop and roll chaincase will be a liability in conditions I ride where might be running over stuff sometimes
715sledUP likes this.

Last edited by mnstang; 11-19-2019 at 08:16 PM.
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 Sno Pro 500 & 2010 Sno Pro 500???
Previous Sled(s): ZR580EFI, SRV, Safari 377, Citation SS & Bogie Wheeled Sleds
Favorite Riding Area: twisty windy wooded bliss
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1600ish
17-18 Mileage: 1501.5
16-17 Mileage: -18
Riding Since: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnstang View Post
I picked up a 19 high country last year and love it but I think I may have to trade it for this new x. I love the idea. Wish they'd give at least the option of no e start. I'd even consider a 6000 if they offer one. I like the charcoal and red. 2.6 might be much for trail but I would really try to limit trail time strictly to getting off trail.
I'd plan on it being a dedicated boondock sled that can go down a trail. Not a real crossover. I'm excited about it!
Did you see how beefy those running boards are?
It's on the ascender chassis, the narrow body work should be cool. I wonder if the drop and roll chaincase will be a liability in conditions I ride where might be running over stuff sometimes
do you have the ski's on your H/C at the wider or narrower setting?

saw a while back there's a couple companies that make chaincase protectors for the Ascender chassis you could swap from yours to a new sled
Crnr2Crnr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2019, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '16 High Country
Favorite Riding Area: UP / near Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticstang View Post
I think this sled...2021 Riot X looks like a pretty badass boondock sled. Itís basically a High Country with the alpha suspension. The only gripe that I have is the 2.6Ē track. Iím a little hesitant that itís too much lug for my riding.

Iím now typically riding UP off trail while putting some miles on riding to dinner and scenic stops.

What do you guys think?

It looks like itís geared well with 9 tooth drivers and the 2.86 pitch track, itís got scratchers, full length tunnel coolers, and a swaybar, also a 39Ē-41Ē stance.
I like the looks, I wanted to see the Alpha skid in the Riot (non X) with more normal gearing and the 1.6" track. I feel the mtn gearing and a 2.6 is too much for Michigan riding. I would be thinking hard if it was offered in standard Riot.
jjlrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crnr2Crnr View Post
do you have the ski's on your H/C at the wider or narrower setting?

saw a while back there's a couple companies that make chaincase protectors for the Ascender chassis you could swap from yours to a new sled
Skis are in the middle position. My 19 and the riots and X's up til now were not on the ascender platform and didn't have the skinny panels or dropped chaincase.
But if there is an aftermarket guard for it, that'd probably be on my list.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '19 XF8000 HC LTD
Previous Sled(s): '13 XF8 HC LTC, '08 CROSSFIRE 8 SNOPRO

Riot X looks great! Are they advertising it as a 50/50 crossover? I think that's a stretch, even for my '19 high country. I'd love to take one for a ride with the monorail, although I don't forsee my high country getting sold anytime soon!
BobRoss likes this.
gforce_15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2008 700 Switchback
Favorite Riding Area: If there is snow, I go
Riding Since: 1994

I wonder if the mono-rail just did not perform well enough on the trail to go with a short lug and tall gearing so they just went to a more boondock track and gearing that can still do alright on the trail. It does look like it would be a blast and I would love to try one out.
BobRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '16 High Country
Favorite Riding Area: UP / near Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRoss View Post
I wonder if the mono-rail just did not perform well enough on the trail to go with a short lug and tall gearing so they just went to a more boondock track and gearing that can still do alright on the trail. It does look like it would be a blast and I would love to try one out.

I'm wondering the same thing or they didn't feel a 1.6" track was worth cost of developing. I would consider placing an order if it were available with crossover gearing and track, The X is really just a shore mtn sled IMO I don't think a 2.6 track on a hard trail would be much fun but A 1.6" studded with the Alpha skid
jjlrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: WNY

The 2” track that comes on the blast alpha should fit? But it’s gonna ride like crap on anything but powder it’s a full mountain chassis and skid
snowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I don't think this x is intended to be a crossover. I don't even consider the h.c. or previous riot X a crossover, so can't see a monorail making that any different
BobRoss likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement