2021 Riot X... - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProClimb (2012 - ) M 800/1100/

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2019, 04:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Staples MN,Cooke,Big Horns,Tog
Riding Since: 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnstang View Post
I picked up a 19 high country last year and love it but I think I may have to trade it for this new x. I love the idea. Wish they'd give at least the option of no e start. I'd even consider a 6000 if they offer one. I like the charcoal and red. 2.6 might be much for trail but I would really try to limit trail time strictly to getting off trail.
I'd plan on it being a dedicated boondock sled that can go down a trail. Not a real crossover. I'm excited about it!
Did you see how beefy those running boards are?
It's on the ascender chassis, the narrow body work should be cool. I wonder if the drop and roll chaincase will be a liability in conditions I ride where might be running over stuff sometimes
The dropped chaincases are very vulnerable on the ascender chassis, we have grenaded a couple of them, but a good set of case guards solved that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Goin' For Snow is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 XF High Country D&D Stage 4
Previous Sled(s): 2013 F1100 Turbo, 12 F901, Z1EXT 08 D&D F1, 06 F7SP ,96 ZRT
Favorite Riding Area: N. WI-Da U.P.-Old Forge NY
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 2500
Riding Since: 1989

I will jump the gun on at 2021 Riot X. Have a 16 HC now with a 153x2.50 on her. Skis in the middle setting with the swaybar removed. Handles great off trail!!
715sledUP and staticstang like this.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 High Country 8000 Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlesscrazycat View Post
I will jump the gun on at 2021 Riot X. Have a 16 HC now with a 153x2.50 on her. Skis in the middle setting with the swaybar removed. Handles great off trail!!
Do you ride that much on trail? Curious how the 2.5 performs. Iím contemplating ordering one if we have a good winter this year. I just need something I can put a few miles on to go to dinner/boondock or ride to a scenic stop with buddies. I think my High Country is decent in trails. Not the fastest, but still plenty fun if you work it hard.
staticstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2019, 09:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Current Sled(s): Something With A Track And Ski's
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Cats and Doo's, few Yammys
Riding Since: 1990

I don't care what brand you cater for, I can't name a single riding buddy who wouldn't love to jump on a RIOT with an Alpha 1 suspension and see how it is.
stinkipinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 XF High Country D&D Stage 4
Previous Sled(s): 2013 F1100 Turbo, 12 F901, Z1EXT 08 D&D F1, 06 F7SP ,96 ZRT
Favorite Riding Area: N. WI-Da U.P.-Old Forge NY
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 2500
Riding Since: 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticstang View Post
Do you ride that much on trail? Curious how the 2.5 performs. Iím contemplating ordering one if we have a good winter this year. I just need something I can put a few miles on to go to dinner/boondock or ride to a scenic stop with buddies. I think my High Country is decent in trails. Not the fastest, but still plenty fun if you work it hard.
I have had no complaints with it. I have the 2.5 Challenger Extreme. I do not per say ride a lot of trails. Usually try to keep it to a minimum. Ride the trails to go to the deep snow, lunch and gas. id say 20% on and 80% off. I am in the same boat... Long track it and dont back!! It is much more fun in the deeper snow
Old 12-02-2019, 11:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 Sno Pro 500 & 2010 Sno Pro 500???
Previous Sled(s): ZR580EFI, SRV, Safari 377, Citation SS & Bogie Wheeled Sleds
Favorite Riding Area: twisty windy wooded bliss
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1600ish
17-18 Mileage: 1501.5
16-17 Mileage: -18
Riding Since: 1977

https://www.facebook.com/arcticcat.s...type=3&theater

seems to be a mix of opinions based on geography on the Single or Dual Rails for the 'X' - if these are all pre-order, why not offer both and let the customer decide what they want? sure there's a few flatlanders that could rock the Alpha, but not everyone wants to learn to ride a bike again and the deepest lug you can get from the factory on the dual rail Riot is 1.6

the orange 'X' looks great, really like that scheme
dskofich likes this.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 8000 high country, SnoPro 500, zr900
Previous Sled(s): many cats
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crnr2Crnr View Post
https://www.facebook.com/arcticcat.s...type=3&theater

seems to be a mix of opinions based on geography on the Single or Dual Rails for the 'X' - if these are all pre-order, why not offer both and let the customer decide what they want? sure there's a few flatlanders that could rock the Alpha, but not everyone wants to learn to ride a bike again and the deepest lug you can get from the factory on the dual rail Riot is 1.6

the orange 'X' looks great, really like that scheme
You could ask that same question for the mountain sleds. No two rsil sleds there anymore as if 2020. I think they're just limiting the number of models for now. I can say I wouldn't be interested in a dual rail X, but the alpha rail has me interested in upgrading.
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 Sno Pro 500 & 2010 Sno Pro 500???
Previous Sled(s): ZR580EFI, SRV, Safari 377, Citation SS & Bogie Wheeled Sleds
Favorite Riding Area: twisty windy wooded bliss
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1600ish
17-18 Mileage: 1501.5
16-17 Mileage: -18
Riding Since: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnstang View Post
You could ask that same question for the mountain sleds. No two rsil sleds there anymore as if 2020. I think they're just limiting the number of models for now. I can say I wouldn't be interested in a dual rail X, but the alpha rail has me interested in upgrading.
Have seen a few comments regarding no M dual rail as well, have also heard some Poo & Doo riders converted (or tried) to Alpha skids. But, with the Alpha your track options are limited to one correct? Point being, with pre-order there's no guessing for them during build time, limit the toppings and make the burger per the customers order, or don't.

I know you could ride the single beam, but not everyone is you or has your experience right? I'd really like to try a sled with the single rail in the right environment just to see what it's like.
Advertisement