High country guys, check in! - Page 6 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProClimb (2012 - ) M 800/1100/

Like Tree15Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2019, 03:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
chevrolettough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 793
Current Sled(s): 2015 Arctic Cat XF8000 High Country
Previous Sled(s): 2007 Acrtic Cat Crossfire 800 Sno Pro
Location: Wisconsin
Favorite Riding Area: top secret.
19-20 Mileage: 1200
18-19 Mileage: 150 :(
17-18 Mileage: 325
16-17 Mileage: 2
Age: 32
Riding Since: 2002
Default

a bumper will really make the front end look nice! Same color?
__________________
2015 XF 8000 High Country Sno Pro--------------------------------------
Hygear Float 3's
Speedwerx y pipe and silencer
Hypershift primary
AC led hand guards
chevrolettough is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #52 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
mnstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,723
Current Sled(s): 8000 high country, SnoPro 500, zr900
Previous Sled(s): many cats
Location: Independence, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN
Age: 37
Default

I picked up a 19 at the end of the year last year, only have one weekend on it. I'll put a little video of it here. I like the sled and I'm excited to use it alot and explore some new areas. We've always played around off trail but now it's nice to have something capable just for that. I only rode a little trail with it, but I was surprised how not great it was. I still have a couple good trail sleds so not a big deal, I guess you can't have it all. That new riot x with the alpha rail has my attention, I planned to keep this 19 for a long time, but I'll have to see now. https://youtu.be/2PM1cvduxqY
715sledUP likes this.
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:31 AM   #53 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
gforce_15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 352
Current Sled(s): '19 XF8000 HC LTD
Previous Sled(s): '13 XF8 HC LTC, '08 CROSSFIRE 8 SNOPRO
Location: Saskatchewan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevrolettough View Post
a bumper will really make the front end look nice! Same color?
I'm waiting for a black Pro bumper like my last sled. Its the biggest one that cat makes and I feel offers the most protection. Because they are quite big, I didn't want it medium green or grey, just trying to blend it in with black haha
gforce_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-03-2019, 09:42 AM   #54 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
gforce_15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 352
Current Sled(s): '19 XF8000 HC LTD
Previous Sled(s): '13 XF8 HC LTC, '08 CROSSFIRE 8 SNOPRO
Location: Saskatchewan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnstang View Post
I picked up a 19 at the end of the year last year, only have one weekend on it. I'll put a little video of it here. I like the sled and I'm excited to use it alot and explore some new areas. We've always played around off trail but now it's nice to have something capable just for that. I only rode a little trail with it, but I was surprised how not great it was. I still have a couple good trail sleds so not a big deal, I guess you can't have it all. That new riot x with the alpha rail has my attention, I planned to keep this 19 for a long time, but I'll have to see now. https://youtu.be/2PM1cvduxqY
nice video, looks like a fun place to rip! How do you like that windshield? Looks like it tosses all snow right at your face?
gforce_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:30 PM   #55 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
mnstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,723
Current Sled(s): 8000 high country, SnoPro 500, zr900
Previous Sled(s): many cats
Location: Independence, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN
Age: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gforce_15 View Post
nice video, looks like a fun place to rip! How do you like that windshield? Looks like it tosses all snow right at your face?
Yeah it does a little. I have the lower one now, it's between that one and the small gray stock one. That one in video is the medium and now I have the low. I just wanted something more than the little gray one because I was thinking of adding the windshield bag and wanted a little protection for that. The medium one might be nice if I'm ever going to trail ride it a longer ways. It's a sweet sled though! I thought I liked the 18 limited looks better but wanted the new switches for the 19, but seeing the sled in person it looks so nice
Excited to kind of play with the suspension, I've never adjusted anything for off trail to really know anything, I still need to ride it more though to get a good feel and see where I want it better.
I was thinking about taking the sway bar out though.
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:30 PM   #56 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
gforce_15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 352
Current Sled(s): '19 XF8000 HC LTD
Previous Sled(s): '13 XF8 HC LTC, '08 CROSSFIRE 8 SNOPRO
Location: Saskatchewan
Default

if you're mainly going to use it off trail, definitely toss that sway bar, and move the skis to the narrowest setting. I'm new to the QS3 shocks too so I'll have to play with them once i get some more miles this winter. ....just my opinion, but hook your tether up if you're out playing offtrail, I see its tied to the steering post!
gforce_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #57 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
mnstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,723
Current Sled(s): 8000 high country, SnoPro 500, zr900
Previous Sled(s): many cats
Location: Independence, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN
Age: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gforce_15 View Post
if you're mainly going to use it off trail, definitely toss that sway bar, and move the skis to the narrowest setting. I'm new to the QS3 shocks too so I'll have to play with them once i get some more miles this winter. ....just my opinion, but hook your tether up if you're out playing offtrail, I see its tied to the steering post!
I was going to make a point this year to using the tether when playing, no reason not to
715sledUP and gforce_15 like this.
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:00 AM   #58 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
mnstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,723
Current Sled(s): 8000 high country, SnoPro 500, zr900
Previous Sled(s): many cats
Location: Independence, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN
Age: 37
Default

Rode around the yard a little and put a new windshield on. If nothing else, at least it looks killer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191207_230517038.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	2065868  
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:08 AM   #59 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
CRASH74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 142
Current Sled(s): '13 XF 800 High Country
Previous Sled(s): '07 Xfire 800, '08 Xfire 800 Sno Pro
Location: BRAINERD, MINNESOTA
Favorite Riding Area: somewhere with snow
Age: 42
Riding Since: 1979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnstang View Post
Rode around the yard a little and put a new windshield on. If nothing else, at least it looks killer!
I was thinking about picking up a medium screen but after seeing how snow gets in your face I'm going pass and live with the low screen I have.
I got my first 50 miles in yesterday, some swamps are slushy around here and lakes aren't much better since we didn't have a good enough freeze before we got dumped on last weekend and were supposed to get another 3"-7" by noon tomorrow.
Ice fishing will be interesting this winter....
CRASH74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #60 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
mnstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,723
Current Sled(s): 8000 high country, SnoPro 500, zr900
Previous Sled(s): many cats
Location: Independence, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN
Age: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH74 View Post
I was thinking about picking up a medium screen but after seeing how snow gets in your face I'm going pass and live with the low screen I have.
I got my first 50 miles in yesterday, some swamps are slushy around here and lakes aren't much better since we didn't have a good enough freeze before we got dumped on last weekend and were supposed to get another 3"-7" by noon tomorrow.
Ice fishing will be interesting this winter....
It's been quite the start to the season and it's just early December. I might head up next weekend to play around the forest. As far as the windshield, I never noticed the snow when riding and would have to think with certain conditions and rider positions you will get some snow thrown up no matter what you put on there. If it were me I wouldn't worry about that aspect but to each their own.
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.