2021 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProCross (2012 - ) F+ XF 800/1100/ This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2020, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default 2021

Just looking for a few opinions on if it’s worth snow checking a 2021. I have a 19 6000 RR I bought at the end of March last year, looks to me like the only thing I would be gaining is the new front end, unless I’m missing something. And if I wanted to stay with the RR I’d have to go up to the 800.
Bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2020, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
Riding Since: 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwillie View Post
Just looking for a few opinions on if it’s worth snow checking a 2021. I have a 19 6000 RR I bought at the end of March last year, looks to me like the only thing I would be gaining is the new front end, unless I’m missing something. And if I wanted to stay with the RR I’d have to go up to the 800.
There is a new carbon fiber engine mounting set up now on the 2021. The front shock mount for the skid was also changed with new front end.
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

If I went with R-XC, I’d be loosing electric start, but getting the 1.35 cobra track along with new front end & engine mount. Missing anything else ?? I’m just going what I can read on Cats web site.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Looking
Previous Sled(s): 14 Cat Turbo, 07 Apex GT, 03 ZR900, 01 ZRT 800
Favorite Riding Area: The County
Riding Since: 1973

And there has been very little chatter on here about the new front ends. The only good thread on it is for a retro fit. I really thought we'd be hearing more from the 2020 owners about the handling benefits. Makes you wonder if there's very little difference.

I'm considering a 2021, but would like to hear more on the front ends
PushawZr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Northern MI, U.P.

Quote:
If I went with R-XC, I’d be loosing electric start, but getting the 1.35 cobra track along with new front end & engine mount. Missing anything else ?? I’m just going what I can read on Cats web site.
With the RXC you’d also be getting a much better rear skid. Longer front arm, beefed up components, 7 position coupler, better shocks, lightweight muffler, better clutching, and revised ecu mapping... and more! Go for it! Lol
mnstang, 59turbo, Lid2 and 1 others like this.
12meter joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 ZR 6000 ES, 2020 ZR 6000 Limited iACT
Favorite Riding Area: Pinehurst area

It works! Stock carbides feel like aftermarket expensive! My experience is zero ski lift. All stock settings. Huge improvements over my 2018 that handles really good.
jim_ramstad@yahoo.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushawZr9 View Post
And there has been very little chatter on here about the new front ends. The only good thread on it is for a retro fit. I really thought we'd be hearing more from the 2020 owners about the handling benefits. Makes you wonder if there's very little difference.

I'm considering a 2021, but would like to hear more on the front ends
My sled corners flatter, is more stable and steers easier with the new front end.
PushawZr9 and DamageInc like this.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Wow, didn’t realize the XC had that much more than the RR, I’ll have to talk to my dealer tomorrow when I pick my sled up. Very curious as to what type of trade value he’ll offer with the current prices.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Green one's with Suzuki engines
Previous Sled(s): Green, Blue & Yellow
Favorite Riding Area: Wouldn't you like to know?
Riding Since: 70's

agree with OP on the total lack of 600's for 2021 which is three models, why not offer the 600 in the Riot X or M sleds if they are all going to be built to order and not shoved down dealers throats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12meter joe View Post
With the RXC you’d also be getting a much better rear skid. Longer front arm, beefed up components, 7 position coupler, better shocks, lightweight muffler, better clutching, and revised ecu mapping... and more! Go for it! Lol
and less weight because who really needs electric start? the notch cut seat looks funny to most that don't get it and might turn some off, so they should make the actual race seat an option imo. have seen plenty of pics of RXC owners put the std. seat on them. they should just ditch the entire RR model moniker and offer the RXC in 600/800 like the XCR 600/800/850 or MXZRS 600/850 - silly to call it a race replica when there isn't an 800cc race sled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B. View Post
My sled corners flatter, is more stable and steers easier with the new front end.
confirmed this in person, the C&A skis also help imo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crnr2Crnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Wow, didn’t realize the XC had that much more than the RR, I’ll have to talk to my dealer tomorrow when I pick my sled up. Very curious as to what type of trade value he’ll offer with the current prices.
The rxc has so many up grades. It is IMO the only 600 worth buying for performance. The slipper gear in the chain case and not using the boss is huge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement