2021 - Page 13 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProCross (2012 - ) F+ XF 800/1100/ This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2020, 09:12 AM   #121 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 ZR7000, 20 ZR8000RR
Previous Sled(s): 16ZR9, 11Z1T, 09Z1T, 08F1, 07F8, 01ZR8, 99ZR7, 89EXT
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec, Northern Ontario
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 2550, 1195
17-18 Mileage: 2900, 2300 miles
16-17 Mileage: 2700,2700
Riding Since: 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crnr2Crnr View Post
Doo sure isn't afraid to charge either while allowing their customers to set up their new sleds the way they want them.

On their site when building a MXZ X 600
With Ripsaw - $12,249
With Ice Ripper XT 1.25 - $12,649
With Ice Ripper XT 1.5 - $12,749

Neither is Poo

Polaris Indy XC 600 129
Cobra 1.35 - $11,699
Storm 150 - $11,898
Ice Ripper XT - $12,098

I feel it would be in Cat's best interest to at least allow spring order (all they offer) customers to pick out a track, one of two color choices, a windshield and let them add their accessories to the build and charge for it. Profit, Profit, Profit.
This is easily done already at cat. I bought my 2020 ZR8000RR, I wanted a 1.5" track on it and the mountain skis instead. Dealer did the exchange for me, cost me $400 extra. You can order any sled the way you want it, just talk to your dealer, they will do it for you and it won't cost much. As per your above, the other manufacturers offer it from the factory and it costs more. I just make a deal with the dealer and it costs more - same result. I thought $400 to get a track exchange and ski exchange was pretty damn good. Just order what you want and customize to what you want. No need to get caught up on marketing BS.
gwilburn, 715sledUP and mnstang like this.
Z1Turbo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2020, 09:43 AM   #122 (permalink)

Some dealers will do it, some not. Did a track exchange on my 2017 RS. Local dealer wanted like $900, he was giving me no credit for take off. The one I went to did the exchange for like $350
stevek2017RS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:38 PM   #123 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 XF CC 8000 & 2017 ZR 6000 137 LTD
Previous Sled(s): 12 F8, 08 F8, 06 CF6, 03 F7
Favorite Riding Area: Ontario & da UP
19-20 Mileage: 800ish
18-19 Mileage: 2785
17-18 Mileage: 1100
16-17 Mileage: 1415
Riding Since: 1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1Turbo09 View Post
This is easily done already at cat. I bought my 2020 ZR8000RR, I wanted a 1.5" track on it and the mountain skis instead. Dealer did the exchange for me, cost me $400 extra. You can order any sled the way you want it, just talk to your dealer, they will do it for you and it won't cost much. As per your above, the other manufacturers offer it from the factory and it costs more. I just make a deal with the dealer and it costs more - same result. I thought $400 to get a track exchange and ski exchange was pretty damn good. Just order what you want and customize to what you want. No need to get caught up on marketing BS.
So how does the RR ride compare to your 16 (assuming it had QS3's)? I'm concerned that it may be too stiff for my liking.

BTW an RR with a 1.5 or 1.6 track would be the ticket.
gwilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:59 PM   #124 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Then buy the non X Riot and upgrade the track. Simple fix. I suggest riding the single first as it is a hoot!
want the mountain front geometry/spindles. ride too much trail to play areas to want to use a single rail. Ski
Old 02-13-2020, 07:00 PM   #125 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilburn View Post
So how does the RR ride compare to your 16 (assuming it had QS3's)? I'm concerned that it may be too stiff for my liking.

I was concerned about the stiff ride, but I heard others saying it was good and only a tad stiffer, plus I wanted all four shocks to be QS3's, so I ordered the RR. I set my 16 with QS3's at two and really loved the ride. My wife's sled is a 17 LXR with one QS3 on the rear shock and it runs smooth. After 2-3 rides with the new sled I thought I bought the wrong sled, it was too stiff and rode hard even on setting one. I was mad at myself for buying the sled and even started to look for a 20 LTD. But after about 750 miles on the sled the shocks broke in and I now ride it back on setting two and the rear suspension is butter smooth. Night and day better than my 16 and even smoother than my wife's 17 lxr with one QS3. I can't believe how much better and more refined the sled is in terms of handling. It's weird, but the shocks need to be broke in. I don't quite have the front shocks where I like them yet, still a bit too stiff, but I am working on the adjustments and everytime I get out it gets better in the front. You can't get any better in the rear, it's perfect now. Have 950 miles on sled now, hopefully after this weekend, I will have the front dialed in.

This 20 is a super awesome sled in the handling department. As mentioned I have a 1.5" ripsaw with 160 1.74" woody megabites in a 4-3-3 pattern and I have the Cat Mountain skis with a 4" stock carbide. Yes the 4" stock carbide and it rails. The new front end and geometry just flat out works. It does not need more carbide than 4" with the deeper keel of the mountain ski. I went that route as I am not a big fan of the stock trail ski. I had curves which I liked but there is more steering effort and the plastic on the aftermarket skis are stiffer which adds to the chop when riding rougher trails, the cat mountain skis don't have a hard compound like the aftermarket skis do and the wide & deep keel of the mountain skis dig good, really like them. My only complaint on the new sled and I mean only complaint is the rough running of the engine from 15-19 mph, it just seems to run rough going that speed. Everywhere else it runs super nice. I have had the sled 104 on speedo on a cold day, flat groomed, hard pack.

If you are thinking about an RR, get one, you just have to bare with the shocks for the first 750 miles, then smooth sailing. I am 6'2" and 220, probably 240 with gear. Not sure where you are in that picture, that may make a difference if you are lighter.
Al Czervik likes this.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:44 PM   #126 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Northern MI, U.P.

Quote:
Quote:

I was concerned about the stiff ride, but I heard others saying it was good and only a tad stiffer, plus I wanted all four shocks to be QS3's, so I ordered the RR. I set my 16 with QS3's at two and really loved the ride. My wife's sled is a 17 LXR with one QS3 on the rear shock and it runs smooth. After 2-3 rides with the new sled I thought I bought the wrong sled, it was too stiff and rode hard even on setting one. I was mad at myself for buying the sled and even started to look for a 20 LTD. But after about 750 miles on the sled the shocks broke in and I now ride it back on setting two and the rear suspension is butter smooth. Night and day better than my 16 and even smoother than my wife's 17 lxr with one QS3. I can't believe how much better and more refined the sled is in terms of handling. It's weird, but the shocks need to be broke in. I don't quite have the front shocks where I like them yet, still a bit too stiff, but I am working on the adjustments and everytime I get out it gets better in the front. You can't get any better in the rear, it's perfect now. Have 950 miles on sled now, hopefully after this weekend, I will have the front dialed in.

This 20 is a super awesome sled in the handling department. As mentioned I have a 1.5" ripsaw with 160 1.74" woody megabites in a 4-3-3 pattern and I have the Cat Mountain skis with a 4" stock carbide. Yes the 4" stock carbide and it rails. The new front end and geometry just flat out works. It does not need more carbide than 4" with the deeper keel of the mountain ski. I went that route as I am not a big fan of the stock trail ski. I had curves which I liked but there is more steering effort and the plastic on the aftermarket skis are stiffer which adds to the chop when riding rougher trails, the cat mountain skis don't have a hard compound like the aftermarket skis do and the wide & deep keel of the mountain skis dig good, really like them. My only complaint on the new sled and I mean only complaint is the rough running of the engine from 15-19 mph, it just seems to run rough going that speed. Everywhere else it runs super nice. I have had the sled 104 on speedo on a cold day, flat groomed, hard pack.

If you are thinking about an RR, get one, you just have to bare with the shocks for the first 750 miles, then smooth sailing. I am 6'2" and 220, probably 240 with gear. Not sure where you are in that picture, that may make a difference if you are lighter.
Make sure you’re adjusting your rebound also. I’d tighten (slow down) the rebound in the front if you’re feeling it’s too stiff.

I back off all my compression and rebound with all my new sleds. Then add in what I need as things break-in and all that. It’s surprising how little you actually need!
1200X likes this.
12meter joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:45 PM   #127 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 XF CC 8000 & 2017 ZR 6000 137 LTD
Previous Sled(s): 12 F8, 08 F8, 06 CF6, 03 F7
Favorite Riding Area: Ontario & da UP
19-20 Mileage: 800ish
18-19 Mileage: 2785
17-18 Mileage: 1100
16-17 Mileage: 1415
Riding Since: 1972

Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to give me all that info... Im an inch shorter and 5 lbs lighter. I like my shocks on setting 1. I love my mtn seat on the XF.
Im still kinda torn between the RR and Riot. Just worried about trail handling of the latter.
Planned a trip end of feb... probably have nearly 7K on my 17 when I get home.
Hows the gas and oil consumption?
gwilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:06 PM   #128 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Gas consumption is great, I use the same as my brother's 6000, to even slightly better than his. However, oil is a different topic. I used 2.5 liters on 235 miles of riding. She likes oil.

On the rebound, I have them backed all the way out on the front shocks, so are you saying I need to tighten them up to soften the ride?
Old 02-14-2020, 10:57 PM   #129 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 20' Rene XRS 900T
Previous Sled(s): Polaris, Cat, Doo
Favorite Riding Area: P.Q.
Riding Since: 78

Quote:
Got a buddy pushing me to buy a renegade 900T. Not sure I can deal with the throttle lag or handling
I'm not kicking myself for buying the 900T the 600RXC was just a fun sled. In 2020 the 'Lag' is all but gone, not an issue. If you get an XRS you'll have to lower it to make it turn.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 PM   #130 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
Riding Since: 1988

Quote:
Gas consumption is great, I use the same as my brother's 6000, to even slightly better than his. However, oil is a different topic. I used 2.5 liters on 235 miles of riding. She likes oil.

On the rebound, I have them backed all the way out on the front shocks, so are you saying I need to tighten them up to soften the ride?
Yeah. Rebound backed all the way out will make it a pogo stick
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement