Hardcore Sledder banner

2020 ZR 6000 1,000 miles observation

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  matrick98ZR 
#1 ·
Very smooth, hasn't missed a beat. Still playing with setup some, pulled coupler blocks to see effect, a little more transfer didn't effect steering much, still playing with that. Sled pushes a little in corners if really getting after it, very predictable. Steering effort is very light like I like it, rails corners at all but racing your buddies like speed. I'm going to experiment with front skid shock pressure then limiter strap if necessary after I try some more aggressive carbides. It's perfect the way it is for a lot of the time, just wish there was a switch to flip like the shocks for aggressive steering when needed. Gas mileage is great the times when the steering is perfect the way it is, what you'd expect when I'd like the more ski pressure riding hard..... I'm going to remove the snow deflectors in the back, I believe they are causing ice build up. Design is same as previous years that weren't a problem, only difference is the deflectors. Love the sled, love the clutching, RPMS are 8,150 to 8,200 consistently, oil usage is so minimal it's unnerving, love the controls and the gauge cluster with the only wish there would be a compass. The cushy ride and ease of driving still amazes me when in that mood, it is just as happy pushed hard. Will post steering adjustment results, I'm just hesitant to mess with it as its perfect for most the time....

#5 ·
Manual QS3 shocks. I was afraid mentioning removing coupling blocks and looking for crisper steering in corners was gonna get me some guff. I put 800 miles on before removing the blocks so I knew what it was. Smart crowd here to get what I was getting at. I've pondered skis, Curve and C&A's. I struggle with if they're that much better why the hell don't Cat use them. Okay, I take it that both of you are happy with your choice, is what I'm talking about the reason you spent the cash on aftermarkit skis? Is there some price to pay in steering effort? I just loosened the front skid shock up 3 turns, with sled in air there's still not even close to slack in spring. To many people have said, buy some skis and be done with it, Cat has to please to many cruisers to put an aggressive ski on em....

#8 ·
I put 400 mile on my new 18 ZR 6000 and couldn't be happier with my purchase. I added 135 studs and 6" shaper bars to the stock skis with no complaints. Ive had C&A razors on several of my previous sleds, and I personally don't feel the price is worth the upgrade after riding my current setup. My wife will ride this sled occasionally, so a little easier steering is worth the trade off for extra performance gained by the C&As. Other than that, this thing rides and handles like a dream. Coming off an SP500 and Crossfire 7, this is by far the best riding sled ive been on. Considering dumping my 13 F1100 for another 6000 sled after riding this thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.