Cat's parts look up MIA ??? - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProCross (2012 - ) F+ XF 800/1100/ This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2020, 08:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
Riding Since: 1988

Was at the dealer ordering a idler wheel puller today. They said most of their parts they have been ordering have been going on back order as cat is out of stock. I wonder if that is why cat closed the online store down.
taperk600 and dskofich like this.
Greg B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2020, 09:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): ALMOST sledless ....
Previous Sled(s): too many Cats.......way too many ...
Favorite Riding Area: VT,Tug Hill, Moosehead/Rangley
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1633
17-18 Mileage: 1-ish
16-17 Mileage: 11-ish
Riding Since: 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious84 View Post
The website taper is referring to was store.arcticcat.com, i used it all the time too as it was more accurate being direct from the manufacturer. However, that site now redirects to shop.arcticcat.com which only has accessories. As greg said, prior to Textron, AC would fulfill orders for this website from the nearest dealer to the customer, but after Textron they would fulfill orders straight from the Bucyrus OH distribution center. As i have friends working at AC, this is the website they used for their employee discount on parts and they were super pissed this weekend when the parts portion of the website went away. I heard today that after multiple complaints, they are working to bring it back because the employees have no other way to get their discount on parts.
Yup-- http://store.arcticcat.com/Parts# WAS the site. Not glad the site is gone, but glad I'm not the only one who had noticed it gone ....
SO with some luck......

1999 Chaparral Sunesta 233 LE
Scuba year 'round
Australia and South Pacific Islands

taperk600 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '18 el tigre 8k 129, '17 XF 8k CC LTD
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Cats
Favorite Riding Area: Northern Minnesota
19-20 Mileage: .5
18-19 Mileage: 550
17-18 Mileage: 715
16-17 Mileage: 500
Riding Since: 1993

I know someone who works through textron and the discount they normally got is not going through on the website anymore. Its only working on the ezgo stuff until site is fixed or rebooted it sounds like
Procross225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B. View Post
Was at the dealer ordering a idler wheel puller today. They said most of their parts they have been ordering have been going on back order as cat is out of stock. I wonder if that is why cat closed the online store down.
Pretty sure it was just shortsightedness by the PG&A (parts, garments, and accessories) team. They had converted "apparel" to the new style website last August/September, now it was time to do the accessories. However it looks like they just totally missed the "parts" portion of the website because they don't normally deal with them since they aren't in the annual catalog.
taperk600 and Michman 1 like this.

Last edited by tenacious84; 01-17-2020 at 12:24 AM.
tenacious84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '18 el tigre 8k 129, '17 XF 8k CC LTD
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Cats
Favorite Riding Area: Northern Minnesota
19-20 Mileage: .5
18-19 Mileage: 550
17-18 Mileage: 715
16-17 Mileage: 500
Riding Since: 1993

Well hopefully it gets corrected. He wants to order some parts and is stuck since its not functioning like the online parts store did.
Procross225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 600R XC
Previous Sled(s): 2015 900X
Favorite Riding Area: Vermont & Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2g60 View Post
The race store is also gone as of sunday. I tried to log in to put in a order passcodes and email login's no longer work. Racers would go to the corporate site log in and order off the parts fiche just like Taper was doing. The funny thing is I can still log into shopatron and see all my account info.

Same exact problem for me. Tried to log on like 10 times, 100 different ways. ugh...Talked to the race dept on the phone and had to order my stuff the old fashioned way. The discount wasn't as good as it normally is either. She said they are working in it, but everyone from Textron is out on business, etc.. and she doesn't know when they'll be back. This was a week ago and I still can't get on.
bedlam bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

this is seriously just dumb......

you can now order parts again directly from Arctic Cat by going to SHOP.ARCTICCAT.COM, but they didn't carry over any way to look up parts by year, model, assembly. so if you know the part number you can search and find it, but if you don't have a part number you are out of luck and need to use someone else's website. also, you have to set up a new account. the log-in information from the old site didn't carry over.

in addition, the site listed above is for vehicle parts and accessories only, is a separate site from the one which houses all of the clothing and wearable accessories. that site is ARCTICCATSTORE.COM and you have to create a separate log-in for that site.

Last edited by tenacious84; 01-31-2020 at 02:53 AM.
tenacious84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement