16' Procross 800HO Budget Upgrades!!! - Page 5 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProCross (2012 - ) F+ XF 800/1100/ This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2020, 03:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Pair of 16' AC ZR8000 137"
Previous Sled(s): 99' Z440 98' Z440 91' Jag440
19-20 Mileage: 1800
18-19 Mileage: 2600
17-18 Mileage: 2500
16-17 Mileage: 350
Riding Since: 1988

Sweet after a couple rides I'm at 48:1!!!! They are running so fricken good actually turning about 8450rpm so going to add some more clutch weight before we go out next! Really loving all these budget mods!
offshorexcursion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2020, 10:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Iron Horse, Manitowash

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperk600 View Post
First off, I was not insulting you. Your post (copied above at top) insinuates that you know what the Riot Kit consists of. So my stating that you don't know how the LTS head works was simply a statement based on your "it's pointless" comment. If you didn't understand, then my comment could have invoked some research on your part as these things have been discussed on these pages over and over again. Or simply a question on here for an explanation ....which I see has been provided with the aid of other posters on here since I was last on here.

However, you are the 1st to throw an insult with your "wow great contribution to this forum" .... Do a search of what I have contributed in the past to this forum. Just with my dyno postings from the ctec2 motor on my 2018 and 2019 alone..... at my cost for the testing, free for everyone else to view. Then look into the amount of help I've given others on setting up the DCS shock systems especially as used on the SnoPro 500s and ProCross RRs. And I could go on. So I didn't explain with every micro-detail the way a LTS head was designed to work .... I didn't figure I had. I gave you enough credit that you would either find out why and how the design works or ask.

However, it is people like you who have made it such an uninviting situation to share anything on these forums anymore. You have good information here from some good knowledgeable members (Stronger800, F7Rat, Klymaxr, 04red, mnstang, etc)
... all of who have been on here for many years and share freely tons of information. Don't take that free advice for granted. Some day it may not be here.

Also, I agree .. with 6000+ miles on the sleds ... and the planned replacement with ctec2 powered sleds.... I'd rebuild shocks, do some adjustments to the suspension settings, and ride them for this season. You will basically be starting all over next season with the new motors.....
X2 what TaperK said
Offshores posts 23; Join date Dec 2019
TaperK's posts 7900 and counting, Join date 2003, thats 17 years by my math
Think I know who I would listen to.

You know the thing i caught really was your absolute avoidance of what he was trying to explain to you and then said he insulted you. And yes you said you "Had most of the parts already" buddy you didn't even know what was in the Riot Kit. Next like my long past father used to say "Keep your mouth closed and ears open"
Now another kit is Speedwerx Stage One (unless of coarse your "already have most of those parts too")

Taper has had many many builds and I'm sure tests and projects that went wrong as well, he could have saved you a lot of trial and error
You can attract a lot more flies with honey rather than vinegar buddy.
taperk600 and SShooterZ like this.
Szledhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #43 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 18XC 16ZR-T 16ZR 15XC 15RR 14RR 12ZR 10SP
Previous Sled(s): Not Enough Room!
Favorite Riding Area: Out my home & Northern Mn/Wi
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 3244
17-18 Mileage: 2780
16-17 Mileage: 1630
Riding Since: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshorexcursion View Post
Sweet after a couple rides I'm at 48:1!!!! They are running so fricken good actually turning about 8450rpm so going to add some more clutch weight before we go out next! Really loving all these budget mods!

After lengthening my oil pump rod 2 turns on my 13' F800 back then I was at 58:1 and ran very well with the mod's I list in this post. Ran it almost 10,000 miles that way and is still running today that way as I sold it to a buddy of mine.
taperk600 likes this.

Active member, Trail Coordinator and Groomer Operator North Branch Snow Drifters.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JOIN A CLUB, VOLUNTEER!
F7RAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:51 PM   #44 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Pair of 16' AC ZR8000 137"
Previous Sled(s): 99' Z440 98' Z440 91' Jag440
19-20 Mileage: 1800
18-19 Mileage: 2600
17-18 Mileage: 2500
16-17 Mileage: 350
Riding Since: 1988

Both our sleds are still running AMAZING! We're loving these budget mods! Maxed out the Dalton adjustable weights and still pulling 8400rpm. They definitely like 93 octane but they always have. Almost 7000 miles on the sleds almost 2000 this season. Really not sure if we need anymore power was originally thinking trying a timing key but they pull so hard now just seems like the whole package finally came together. Fixing the cracked y-pipes probably helped some not sure how long they were cracked. Straight line performance was nice and setup an RA number so we could wrnty them in the spring since I welded myself while they were closed over the holidays so we could ride. Going to freshen the suspension this summer and ride another season. Really want a pair of Riot X, want 50/50, and the standard Riot is 70/30, but nervous about the Alpha. Love the narrower front end on the X, only way to really play off trail. Who knows we will see what happens. It's nice to love what we have now though!
offshorexcursion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement