Mike Kloety Talks Team Arctic 2019/2020 - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProCross (2012 - ) F+ XF 800/1100/ This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2019, 10:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Zr8000 Limited, 2014 zr6000r
Previous Sled(s): 14 xf7000 limited, 12 F800,Sp500 , F7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crnr2Crnr View Post
like old fashioned tbi injection? bigger injector? were they doing something similar last year or is that something completely new for this year? interesting

completely new for 2020 , uses the oem injector for 2019 (the 2018 uses a different ecu/coding)
fortune46x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2019, 11:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 800 iqr,13 800 sb,fusion 900 triple
Previous Sled(s): pro-x/xcr 800 engine,xc 800 triple,storms,ultras,650s,
Favorite Riding Area: western U.P/northern WI
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortune46x View Post
2019 jugs, they block off the injector spot on the jugs , then put on new throttle bodies and move the injector to the TB
How is that considered stock?
sleeping_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016, ProS LE, 2015 ProS 600 Anniversary
Previous Sled(s): 2006 600 fusion, 2012 800 ProR LE
Favorite Riding Area: Home
Riding Since: 1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping_dragon View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 Sno Pro 500 & 2010 Sno Pro 500???
Previous Sled(s): ZR580EFI, SRV, Safari 377, Citation SS & Bogie Wheeled Sleds
Favorite Riding Area: twisty windy wooded bliss
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1600ish
17-18 Mileage: 1501.5
16-17 Mileage: -18
Riding Since: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by airflite1 View Post
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing.
I wasn't, but now I am.

How was your ride back home on Sunday?
Old 12-03-2019, 02:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
Riding Since: 1988

Quote:
Quote:
2019 jugs, they block off the injector spot on the jugs , then put on new throttle bodies and move the injector to the TB
When they file it as an update it is consider stock. Polaris has done this few for other things. Isoc reviews it
BobRoss likes this.
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B. View Post
When they file it as an update it is consider stock. Polaris has done this few for other things. Isoc reviews it
Unless things have changed updates were only allowed for safety not performance gains.

Edit: C2C the drive sucked, then once I got north of Thief River the snow had stopped so no new snow here.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Zr8000 Limited, 2014 zr6000r
Previous Sled(s): 14 xf7000 limited, 12 F800,Sp500 , F7

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B. View Post
Quote:
Unless things have changed updates were only allowed for safety not performance gains.

Edit: C2C the drive sucked, then once I got north of Thief River the snow had stopped so no new snow here.

It gets passed to ISR , ISR approves it or turns it down.

The problem with the 2019 was an intermittent bog that they couldn't get rid of It wasn't consistent so what would happen is on a jump face the racer would pin the throttle the sled would bog and they were committed to a double/triple whatever then lost speed up the face when it bogged. That was part of the reason and TBH if I had to guess and exception was made to allow the change of throttle bodies since there was not a 2020 sled made (the 2020 sled was supposed to have a a new pipe, updated injectors and a few other minor changes)
BobRoss likes this.
fortune46x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
It gets passed to ISR , ISR approves it or turns it down.

The problem with the 2019 was an intermittent bog that they couldn't get rid of It wasn't consistent so what would happen is on a jump face the racer would pin the throttle the sled would bog and they were committed to a double/triple whatever then lost speed up the face when it bogged. That was part of the reason and TBH if I had to guess and exception was made to allow the change of throttle bodies since there was not a 2020 sled made (the 2020 sled was supposed to have a a new pipe, updated injectors and a few other minor changes)
I'd buy the Bog story but barely if it was carbs, fuel injection nope. And it shouldn't matter if they didn't build a 2020, and what they would have done for 2020 is irrelevant, if ISR allows this mod, then they should just go back to mod sleds.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2008 700 Switchback
Favorite Riding Area: If there is snow, I go
Riding Since: 1994

Quote:
I'd buy the Bog story but barely if it was carbs, fuel injection nope. And it shouldn't matter if they didn't build a 2020, and what they would have done for 2020 is irrelevant, if ISR allows this mod, then they should just go back to mod sleds.
If it truly was do to a bog when landing from a jump it could totally be for a safety reason. If the bog was bad enough it could potentially throw the rider off the front of the sled when they were bracing their body to go forwads from a landing, but the sled bogged bad enough to propel them over the bars.

Imagine expecting to land on the gas and ripping forward, but the sled bogs bad enough that it is like slamming on the brakes. Your head is over the bars and you are leaning forward. It wouldn't take much to throw you for a loop.

If there is no performance gain, besides removing this bog. I can see it being passed. I haven't heard much of this issue, so I don't really know how bad it was.

My sled does this once in a blue moon and it is scary as all hell. I can't figure out the issue and it really bothers me.

EDIT: My bad, I see fortune46x said it was on a face of a jump. That could be dangerous as well. Not only coming up short sucks, but if if a sled is following you and is matching your speed and your sled bogs down at the face of a jump. That rider comes up short and the rider behind him lands on top of him because of the sudden decrease of speed that was very unexpected.

Last edited by BobRoss; 12-03-2019 at 12:04 PM.
BobRoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRoss View Post
If it truly was do to a bog when landing from a jump it could totally be for a safety reason. If the bog was bad enough it could potentially throw the rider off the front of the sled when they were bracing their body to go forwads from a landing, but the sled bogged bad enough to propel them over the bars.

Imagine expecting to land on the gas and ripping forward, but the sled bogs bad enough that it is like slamming on the brakes. Your head is over the bars and you are leaning forward. It wouldn't take much to throw you for a loop.

If there is no performance gain, besides removing this bog. I can see it being passed. I haven't heard much of this issue, so I don't really know how bad it was.

My sled does this once in a blue moon and it is scary as all hell. I can't figure out the issue and it really bothers me.
It shouldn't matter where the injectors are, with injection you should be able to program out a bog, Manufactures always sell it as a safety issue, wether ISR buys it or not is a different issue. I do have a knee that was destroyed from an old CR250 bogging in a rhythm section, and I'm still not buying the Bog issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement