Windshield options for new bodywork - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProCross (2012 - ) F+ XF 800/1100/ This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2019, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Default Windshield options for new bodywork

So I ordered a 2020 zr6000 rxc and I want to put on a taller windshield. Iím getting older now, Iíll be a half a century by the time winter rolls around and the thought of a postage stamp windshield isnít palpable to me anymore. After a long day, I really hate getting back on the sled after eating dinner and having to endure a cold ride for an hour or two or more before getting back to our cabin so a taller windshield would be more appealing in that respect too. I know I know Iím becoming a wuss. Ive searched on here and have read many threads on different ideas but there arenít many pictures to actually see what a certain windshield will look like on the new body. Also do the older windshields fit the new body? Iíve read some posts that say yes they fit and others that say they fit but you have to drill holes. If any of you have a pic of newer sleds with taller than stock windshields could you please post them along with a part number? Oem or aftermarket is fine and btw if anyone racing cross country knows what the new sleds are using to race that would be good too. I saw a post on arctic insider about the 2015 rxc sled and they used a tallish mid height windshield part number 6606-513 that actually looks good so Iíd be interested in going that route if possible. Sorry for the long post and thank you.
59turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 18XC 16ZR-T 16ZR 15XC 14RR 12ZR 10SP
Previous Sled(s): Not Enough Room!
Favorite Riding Area: Out my home & Northern Mn/Wi
18-19 Mileage 3244
17-18 Mileage: 2780
16-17 Mileage: 1630
15-16 Mileage: 1790
Riding Since: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59turbo View Post
So I ordered a 2020 zr6000 rxc and I want to put on a taller windshield. I’m getting older now, I’ll be a half a century by the time winter rolls around and the thought of a postage stamp windshield isn’t palpable to me anymore. After a long day, I really hate getting back on the sled after eating dinner and having to endure a cold ride for an hour or two or more before getting back to our cabin so a taller windshield would be more appealing in that respect too. I know I know I’m becoming a wuss. Ive searched on here and have read many threads on different ideas but there aren’t many pictures to actually see what a certain windshield will look like on the new body. Also do the older windshields fit the new body? I’ve read some posts that say yes they fit and others that say they fit but you have to drill holes. If any of you have a pic of newer sleds with taller than stock windshields could you please post them along with a part number? Oem or aftermarket is fine and btw if anyone racing cross country knows what the new sleds are using to race that would be good too. I saw a post on arctic insider about the 2015 rxc sled and they used a tallish mid height windshield part number 6606-513 that actually looks good so I’d be interested in going that route if possible. Sorry for the long post and thank you.

I have and tried all windshields on the old bodywork, I have several pre 2017 Procross machines and only 1 as of now gen II machine. I run mostly the Cobra/PowerMadd mid-height windshields and love them. My son (14) likes the Arctic Cat mid-height out of the acc. catalog but he is smaller.

The Cobra/PowerMadd covers the handlebars end to end where any of the OEM windshields do not. I bought a Cobra/PowerMadd for my gen II last season but have not put it on or even rode the machine yet. They only come in clear so I paint the backside flat black and I have no problem seeing over it at 6'2" on my R-XC and Turbo, my wifes and daughter's I leave clear. I will not use any other windshield along with a few buddies that run the same one.

You can also use any of the Yamaha windshields as they have the same bolt pattern and they cover the ends of the handlebars.

Active member and Trail Coordinator North Branch Snow Drifters

Last edited by F7RAT; 06-10-2019 at 10:06 PM.
F7RAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F7RAT View Post
I have and tried all windshields on the old bodywork, I have several pre 2017 Procross machines and only 1 as of now gen II machine. I run mostly the Cobra/PowerMadd mid-height windshields and love them. My son (14) likes the Arctic Cat mid-height out of the acc. catalog but he is smaller.

The Cobra/PowerMadd covers the handlebars end to end where any of the OEM windshields do not. I bought a Cobra/PowerMadd for my gen II last season but have not put it on or even rode the machine yet. They only come in clear so I paint the backside flat black and I have no problem seeing over it at 6'2" on my R-XC and Turbo, my wifes and daughter's I leave clear. I will not use any other windshield along with a few buddies that run the same one.

You can also use any of the Yamaha windshields as they have the same bolt pattern and they cover the ends of the handlebars.
Do you have the part numbers to the cobra windshield or the description like the height number?
I didnít even think of the Yamaha part! Iím going to look into those too.

From your experience do you know if the 1st gen windshields fit the gen 2 bodies?
Old 06-10-2019, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

18-19 Mileage 3244

Quote:
Do you have the part numbers to the cobra windshield or the description like the height number?
I didnít even think of the Yamaha part! Iím going to look into those too.

From your experience do you know if the 1st gen windshields fit the gen 2 bodies?

I am trying to post a couple pictures but just got a new Mac Book Pro and trying to figure it out...lol. Yes you can use the old windshields but will have to drill new holes but no reason to use the old ones.

The Cobra/PowerMadd mid is 17" and the tall is 19", I think the mid is plenty. I will have some pictures shortly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POWERMADD-V...YAAOSwtGdcwayI
Goin' For Snow and 59turbo like this.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

18-19 Mileage 3244

A couple pictures, it looks better in person.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 R-XC with windshield bag and Cobra mid windshield.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2054384   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 R-XC windshield front view.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	2054386  
59turbo likes this.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I just looked up the cobra windshields on denniskirk. I kinda like the low version they have too, if it flares out like the mid does I think it would have good protection. I like the black look you got from painting it too. Your avatar is that same windshield right? That does look pretty good.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

18-19 Mileage 3244

Quote:
I just looked up the cobra windshields on denniskirk. I kinda like the low version they have too, if it flares out like the mid does I think it would have good protection. I like the black look you got from painting it too. Your avatar is that same windshield right? That does look pretty good.

The picture straight on kinda looks goofy but it looks good for a BIG windshield. Yes they do offer a 14" I believe but never tried one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 xc.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	2054408   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 r-xc.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	2054410  
dskofich and 59turbo like this.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

I’m in the same boat, bought a 2019 zr6000rr the end of March , started the same topic on arctic chat. I also like the look of the low (14”), are the cobras a direct fit ? hate the thought of having to drill into a brand new sled. Thanks
59turbo likes this.
Bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwillie View Post
Iím in the same boat, bought a 2019 zr6000rr the end of March , started the same topic on arctic chat. I also like the look of the low (14Ē), are the cobras a direct fit ? hate the thought of having to drill into a brand new sled. Thanks
I read a bunch of posts there too the other day, not sure if one of them was yours or not. Iím looking at the LXR and crosstour windshields too along with the cobras and the older body style RXC shield.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): ZR8000 Riot/ RS 6000
Previous Sled(s): PSI Genisis 1220 thunder cat, 1080 Genisis ZR900, 2 riots
Favorite Riding Area: northern ontario/quebec
18-19 Mileage 4500
17-18 Mileage: 4487
16-17 Mileage: 2000
15-16 Mileage: 2000
Riding Since: 70,s

i have 6639-329 brand new in box, was sent wrong from country cat. 50.00, google pic of it, team arctic cat black
KLYMAXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement