HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   ProCross (2012 - ) (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/493-procross-2012/)
-   -   2020 front end (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/493-procross-2012/1854768-2020-front-end.html)

snowmachine 05-09-2019 04:55 PM

I think the taller front end will make them a lot more fun to ride. Maybe take a little more body English but will be better to hammer huge monguls and bang ditches. Polaris puts 1.5 inch taller spindles on there aggressive trim sleds like the X model and the 146 SKS. I think its bs the guys saying it will make it rail corners better. Its only like 1.5 inches taller but will make a huge difference It will make is so much more fun and get more life out of the ageing procross platform and make it feel more like the next generation platform that doo/ Polaris have. I think the new riot cross over had to have this front end to make it work good. As far as guys blowing all kinds of money to swap to the new set up I would ask yourself if you are an aggressive rider or not. not really worth it if not maybe just for bragging rights so you can say you have the new front end?

12meter joe 05-09-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowmachine (Post 20221522)
I think the taller front end will make them a lot more fun to ride. Maybe take a little more body English but will be better to hammer huge monguls and bang ditches. Polaris puts 1.5 inch taller spindles on there aggressive trim sleds like the X model and the 146 SKS. I think its bs the guys saying it will make it rail corners better. Its only like 1.5 inches taller but will make a huge difference It will make is so much more fun and get more life out of the ageing procross platform and make it feel more like the next generation platform that doo/ Polaris have. I think the new riot cross over had to have this front end to make it work good. As far as guys blowing all kinds of money to swap to the new set up I would ask yourself if you are an aggressive rider or not. not really worth it if not maybe just for bragging rights so you can say you have the new front end?

Its basically the front end from the race sleds. So it obviously works. And it’s not just raising the sled 1.5 inches, it changes the geometry increasing the ski bite. So i wouldn’t go saying it’s B.S.

Greg B. 05-10-2019 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowmachine (Post 20221522)

You are missing the fact they are angled different than current. They didn’t add 1.5 inches to the ride height. They made the spindles longer and angled different. If all they did was add ride height, the a arms would not have changed.

kirk 05-16-2019 10:18 AM

2020 Thundercat is now up on Cat site. I cross referenced the rear suspension front arm, the rear suspension scissor upper and lower half, and what I think may be very telling in this debate of what changed, the tunnel part numbers with my 2019 ZR 9000 Sno Pro 137 and all part numbers are the same. Only other number I checked was the front arm limiter straps and they are a different number. I'm assuming they are either shorter or longer but, my gut tells me shorter to pull the rail up for the lowered ride height of the T-Cat????? As far as crossing the numbers on the rails; with the change in color I assume they are not the same so didn't bother. The rails for me are the only unknown as far as mounting location change however, I believe they are likely the same location with the limiter strap length being where the adjustment has been made. Maybe??

nosajlleb 08-28-2019 08:51 AM

Reviving this thread. Anyone within the know circle have an idea if they'll offer a kit to retrofit the 2019's and older to this new geometry. Gotta have them, the look is worth it. Gots to Love the sickness of sled modding!!!

drkCrix 08-28-2019 10:38 AM

I have all the parts, going to start work on it soon. Anyone have the torque specs for the new front end? Would they be the same as the race sled?

Cheers,

Chris

nosajlleb 08-28-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkCrix (Post 20245414)
I have all the parts, going to start work on it soon. Anyone have the torque specs for the new front end? Would they be the same as the race sled?

Cheers,

Chris

What kind of $$$ you got into all the parts?

gforce_15 08-28-2019 02:26 PM

there's a couple guys on snowest that put the new front end on 2018/19s earlier this spring. From what I remember, they were buying the spindles for the 2019 snocross sleds which is what is used on the 2020's.

kirk 08-28-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkCrix (Post 20245414)

Cheers,

Chris

Lower a-arm to spindle 45ftlbs
Upper a-arm to spindle with bolt and tri nut 23ftlbs
Thread upper a-arm ball joint as far in as it can go
Cant recall torque for upper a-arm bolts to bulk head. I just hand tightened as I could not get any torque wrench I have on them.

joe_f7 08-28-2019 09:49 PM

See page 11