Whos got dyno numbers for 800 ctec2 - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProCross (2012 - ) F+ XF 800/1100/ This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): ZR9000 137, XF7000 137, ZR 6000 R-XC, F-5
Previous Sled(s): Turbo Cats and a bunch of Polaris
18-19 Mileage 700
15-16 Mileage: 250
Riding Since: 1973

I'm curious how low it was in the break in mode. Seems odd they didn't want to post them. If it was good in break in mode they would have been shouting from the hills, we'll see. Polaris tried the dual injector thing and it was a disaster, I rode one and they couldn't get the transition correct. Burned up alot of motors trying.
2013 Haydays Lakeracer Champ on the "Silver Bullet"
never satisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: The UP/Northern MN
Riding Since: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by never satisfied View Post
I'm curious how low it was in the break in mode. Seems odd they didn't want to post them. If it was good in break in mode they would have been shouting from the hills, we'll see. Polaris tried the dual injector thing and it was a disaster, I rode one and they couldn't get the transition correct. Burned up alot of motors trying.
Isnt the main difference though that the AC system isn't "transferring" like what Polaris did and the fact that AC injects gas AND oil?
Old 02-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 XF8000LXR
Previous Sled(s): 92,93,94,95,96,97,02,03,04,06, polaris's
Favorite Riding Area: On Snow
18-19 Mileage 1100
Riding Since: 1991

Jims doing this the right way. Pre break in. After break in, he can write 1 article, tell and show it all in one thread.

alsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 ZR 8000 Ltd.
Previous Sled(s): 2015 Renegade 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by never satisfied View Post
I believe the new Cat still uses one injector per cylinder, not two like Polaris did. It's dual stage injection, not dual injectors. Meaning that at lower throttle settings, it is injecting into the combustion chamber, and at higher throttle, it also injects through the slotted piston into the crankcase.
DamageInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
cfm
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 900 Fuse-10,200miles and going / 06 600HO M10
Riding Since: 3 BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
I believe the new Cat still uses one injector per cylinder, not two like Polaris did. It's dual stage injection, not dual injectors. Meaning that at lower throttle settings, it is injecting into the combustion chamber, and at higher throttle, it also injects through the slotted piston into the crankcase.
Yup.

Quoting: https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/201...ro-first-ride/

Quote:
Fuel is no longer injected into the throttle bodies but rather a semi-direct intake port injection system located on the opposite side of the cylinder (single injector per cylinder). Oil is also injected into the fuel rail allowing oil and fuel to be injected into the top end simultaneously. We are not aware of any other manufacturer injecting oil into the fuel rail, so this is a unique feature to Arctic Cat.

Although other manufacturers have used semi-direct injection, none have used what Arctic Cat calls Dual-Stage Injection (DSI). Here is how it is unique: The piston has a slot cut into the skirt directly in front of the intake transfer port which allows the injector to deliver the fuel/oil mixture at any point in the stroke.

The two stages are as follows:

1) The ECU can control the injectors to deliver the fuel/oil mixture based off piston location. If the mixture is delivered when the piston is below the injector, the result is cleaner emission through the lower cruising throttle positions than compared to the previous throttle body injection system.

2) When the injectors are allowed to deliver fuel/oil through a longer part of the piston travel, the mixture of fuel and oil will also spray to the underside of the piston and will be directed at all of the moving top end parts. This will make for better lubrication and cooling which can also make for improved power.

An electronic oil pump mounted to the bottom of the oil reservoir replaces the previous mechanical unit that was mounted to the crank case and gear driven off the crankshaft. The ECU controls the new oil pump and uses several imputes such as throttle position and RPM to determine how much oil the injection system needs to deliver. Not only is oil injected into the fuel rail, it is also injected into the bottom end to help lubricate the crankshaft. Arctic Cat claims a 30% reduction in oil consumption below 7000 RPM. Less oil consumption is always a welcome improvement. The previous Suzuki 800 is known for being very reliable and Arctic Cat claims the new lubrication system improves on what was already a good system.
PPP Charter Member #2

-"Your motor will tell you what it wants. Are you listening ?" - Darin Morgan
- "Look at the way they flew in the slew. Hats off to you. Woopy Doo!" - ICEMANJOE

Last edited by cfm; 02-10-2017 at 08:22 PM.
cfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): ALMOST sledless ....
Previous Sled(s): too many Cats.......way too many ...
Favorite Riding Area: VT,Tug Hill, Moosehead/Rangley
18-19 Mileage 1633
17-18 Mileage: 1-ish
16-17 Mileage: 11-ish
15-16 Mileage: 286
Riding Since: 1975

Same DSI system the 6000 C-tec2 has been using since 2014. Great injection system for as simple as it actually is !

1999 Chaparral Sunesta 233 LE
Scuba year 'round
Australia and South Pacific Islands

taperk600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 XCR 800, 2015 M8000 Sidekick
Previous Sled(s): Lots
Favorite Riding Area: North of HWY 64 & Driftless
18-19 Mileage 2000+
17-18 Mileage: 2601
16-17 Mileage: 1652
15-16 Mileage: 2000+
Riding Since: 1999

I heard that they were not sure which version of this engine to release. They have an 850, 826, and the 800. Hoping to get quite a bit of seat time on one tomorrow, will report back if it works out.
zecow224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
Riding Since: 1988

I herd the 850 doo makes an observed 158hp and the cat is a few less
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 03 440/700 SnoPro or 10 CFR8/Priceless901
Previous Sled(s): 01 MXZX 800 95,97,99 MachZ
Favorite Riding Area: NY Southern Tier
Riding Since: 1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B. View Post
I herd the 850 doo makes an observed 158hp and the cat is a few less
I'll be hoping you caught some poor info on that one Greg B.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
Riding Since: 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by heshtesh View Post
I'll be hoping you caught some poor info on that one Greg B.
probably very poor
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement